Juvederm in Right Cheek - Wanted to Feel Good About Myself.

I am 49 and am starting to look old , wanted to...

I am 49 and am starting to look old , wanted to look young again. so decided to have some treatments to make me feel good about myself.

I had a dermal roller done 6 weeks a go then had a juvederm put in to my right cheek a week later. i had to do a lot of rubbing to get the bumps out and i did but now i have noticed under my eye is swallen and it looks like i have a puffy eye. this was a month ago now and it still hasn't gone down and its making me feel deprested as i am not use to this.

i will not go out as i think every body is looking at my eye.

Updated Oct. 30, 2009

Had juvedederm in my cheeks and just under the eye's .I had a few bumps in my right cheek and just under my right eye so i spent hour or so trying to smoth then out the next day i noticed that i had swelling under my right and is very puffy. i left it for a month then went back to see my dermatologist he suggested a small amount of Hyaluronidase under the eye which was done 3 weeks ago i went back so see him and it haden't gone like he expected to but had gone done a tiny bit and the best thing to do would be to let it repair on it own as the odema swelling can take sometime to repair under the eye. How long will this take as i feel a mess and it makes me look older now . it has been a month on since i had the Hyaluronidaze and its still really puffy. Why has this happened ? did i rub my face to much to get the bumps out and have caused the odema to swell my eye where fine till i had Juvedern. will i ever get my eye back to normal again? Please please help as this has mad me very depressed and now i hide my face and try not to look in the mirror any more.

My face was looking hollow and ageing to decided to have dermal fillers to make me feel better about myself.

Now i can't even look at myself because the puffy eye make's me look older than before. I hate my puffy eye.

will it be like this for every have i damaged the bottom eyelid myself?

yes i do she tried to help me with good results apart from my eye.

Just wondering if the puffiness went down on its own yet? I have the same problem, had mine done around mid-November so I looking for someone who let it go down naturally and if the puffiness went away. I'm afraid I'll be disfigured permanently even when the juvederm dissolves.
No I still have puffyness under my lower right eye lid and mine was done a couple of months before yours.I keep hoping I will wake up and find it clear but it still there.I think when the filler starts to disolve in a few months time it might clear up all together....well thats what I am hoping.I will never have filler in my face again as it has made me very unhappy and now I find it hard to look at myself. I hope yours will clear soon.
Actually I read on another post that warm compresses and Arnica gel helps. I have been doing the warm compresses every night.(I haven't found Arnica gel, but I thought the post said Amica gel so I was searching for something with the wrong name.) The warm compresses have changed the big bags into smaller ones. I have been lightly massaging it too -- seems to have helped somewhat. You might want to try a baking soda a water paste too. I did that for my juvederm duck lips and it took them right away. But I didn't really notice much of a different with the baking soda paste in my eye area. I think it worked for the lips because I put in on the inside of my mouth and that tissue is more absorbent than skin.(Baking soda neutralizes acid.) I posted my results with the lips and another juvederm hater responded to my post and said she has been making the baking soda paste for her eyes and cheeks and and seems to be thrilled that they are actually getting smaller. I think I'm going to try the baking soda paste on my eye area again for a week (I had only put it on for three times originlly. See my post: "Juvederm: Don't do it! Ducks lips and saggy eyes but fixed the lips!") Can't hurt to try it. Let me know if it works for you.
I had juvadern on my cheekbones which I did not ask for. I wanted the depression under the cheekbones filled out. Now my cheebones are more pronounced and my face looks more drawn. I have a huge bump on my left cheek and will go back tomorrow to see what can be done. Dont think I will do this again. The pain was intense. Age 51
That's bad! I have been researching whether to get implants or temporary fillers. With things like this going on, it just makes it difficult to trust the person applying it. I have had a lot of things done over the years and I can honestly say, each proceedure has not turned out as expected and in fact, left scars as well so I'm actually worse off. I would go back and give them hell until they do something about it.

I'm not too familiar with the Dermaroller; is the puffiness from that or from the Juvederm?

The good news is, Juvederm does dissolve on its own. You can also speed up the process with an enzyme called hyaluronidase. It might be worth looking into that.

Yes i do think its the juvederm but it wasn't there at first it only started after me rubbing my face really hard to try and get the lumps out of my right cheek and i also had to pinch the skin quite hard to smoth it out. Tina