Juvederm - Duckbill Lips

I had Juvaderm injected and now my lips look like...

I had Juvaderm injected and now my lips look like Duckbills. I look terrible. My whole bottom of my face is swollen and my lips are terribly large for my small face.

Is this just swelling, or are they going to stay that way for a long time? Is there anything that I can do to help this?

$250.00 is a small price to pay, but if the clinic purchases large amounts of the product then the company probably gives them a fabulous deal. We order at least 10 syringes a week where I work and get a fantastic deal. Sometimes the company reps will also recommend selling a syringe at cost so that a patient can receive full correction in one visit instead of only paying only what they can afford and not being happy with the results.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you go to get your work done?

The product that I used to plump up my lips was purchased at: {edited} The Owner Laurie Sanders promises that this product is exactly the same as Sculptra but it is called Vitalift Ultra Plus. My lips are still plump, feel good and look fabulous. Yes, the cost seems to be way too low, but that is the price that she charrges. Try it, you won't be sorry.

Edited by Sharon: Please share third-party links via private contact only. You can send private messages to other members by clicking on their username and then clicking the email icon.
I forgot...within 24 'ish hours plus following filler injections, you can press and mold the filler around a bit. This seemed to help 'deflate' and move the filler enough to tone down overdone look of my lips following that horrible experience. Again, that was in conjunction with elevation, ibuprofin, ice and time (four days).
I had this experience and was mortified that my lips would remain 'duck bill" for weeks to come - frightening really. Immediately following my appointment I held my hand over my mouth and headed for the car. I got home and iced my lips and took ibuprofin to reduce what I hoped was mostly due to swelling - not filler. At night I slept with two pillows to prop my head so I wasn't doubly swollen in the am. After about four days the swelling subsided enough and I could line my lips with a neutral lip liner (inside the lip line to shrink them a bit visually) and then I lightly blotted inside the liner with a neutral lighter matte color lipstick to further tone things down - no gloss for sure! I just remember that it took four days of hiding out in my house and the above measures to get on top of the lips I came home with after my appointment that day. Less is better and you can always come back for more after a few days...what I learned that day. Hope that helps.
I'm about to embark on my first injections. I want to use natural products and walk out looking normal (like the ad says). My sister used Restylane and her mouth lines look great. My doctor uses Juvederm and has opened up his practice 3 months ago - he's also my primary care doctor for years so there is a trust there. What is the difference between Restylane and Juvederm and are they made from all natural or organic compounds in the ingredients? Or are they another poison type like Botox? I'd like to know the pros and cons. Thanks!
Restylane is much thicker and usually used for deeper lines so it's injected deeper. I just had my second Juvederm treatment. I asked about Restylane, but they explained the difference and we decided to stick with the Juvederm because my lines aren't as deep. I'm sure one of the practitioners here can be more specific about the differences. You may trust your primary care doctor, and he may be really good, but make sure you know how long he's been doing these procedures.
I had my lips injected with Juvederm plus and hated it. I lost a little volume on the upper lip around the edge and just wanted a little bit injected to bring my upper lip back to what it was a few years ago. To my surprise, the doctor used a whole syringe and insisted on doing the bottom lip as well. When my lips where closed it looked fine, but when I talked, I looked like a duck. It looked like blisters space far apart all over the inside of my lips. After a couple of weeks, I couldn't take it anymore, so I had another doctor use something that dissolved all of the Juvederm in my lips. It was all gone within 8 hours, for $150. So for anyone who has had a horrible experience with Juvederm, know that there is something to dissolve it.

I hate Juvederm like you do so I am considering having the shot to dissolve it, but I am afraid of getting bruises and missing work. Did you bruise? Did it hurt? Do you know the name of the name of the substance your doctor injected? Thank you in advance.

I am glad that worked out for you. Let me back up what Dr. Allen said. The price you paid is suspicious. It is below what we physicians pay unless we obtain Juvederm from sources outside the United States. My prices are extremely low. (So low that one of the local plastic surgeon's wife has been going around town saying I use fake fillers and Botox...totally untrue.) Yet, my prices are still above $250. Thus, I would be very wary.
Thank you Everyone for your comments. I held ice on my lips for a long time and then I massaged them half of the night for two nights. They have finally gone down now and I am happy with them although I am not used to looking like this, I do like the look. I truly appreciate everyone that came to my aid. Sincerely, tamm0449
Wow, I can't believe it only cost you $250! I live in Colorado and can't research it for less than $550/syringe, which is what I paid. I had Juvederm lip augmentation for the first time, 3.5 weeks ago and a touch-up 2 days ago (the initial one was done conservatively). My lips swelled, making them look alarmingly over-inflated. Then the swelling gradually subsided and the "real" size/shape of my augmented lips looked much less severe (after 3-4 days for me) and that's when I decided to have a touch-up. The touch-up also resulted in immediate swelling and I was frightened! I thought I might even need a reduction because too much Juvederm was used! But the swelling is subsiding and it's looking better. I think I have a couple more days before the swelling is significantly gone and my true lip size/shape will be seen. I do have a large bruise on one half of my upper lip and am wondering if I should apply a warm compress to it (it's been 48 hrs. post procedure). I'm wondering if taking a vitamin C supplement now will help the bruising go away faster? I'm also wondering if over-the-counter vitamin K cream or arnica cream is better for reducing discoloration from bruising? Good luck to you Tamm! I'm not sure how long it's been since your Juvederm injection, but I think the swelling WILL subside. Putting an ice pack gently over my lips immediately afterwards and in the many hours following, helped reduced the swelling for me. I also sat upright a lot, and kept my head propped on pillows when sleeping (to keep my lips elevated above my heart, to help reduce swelling).
You should get better quickly, especially if you ice during the first three days. We also will have the patient apply some cortisone ointment to the lips before they sleep. We always ice after injection of the lip which tends to keep down the swelling. Dr. Mayl
First of all, if you are getting juvederm for 250$ are they trained and are they using the real stuff.. Secondly swelling is gone in 3-7 days so after that what you get is likely what it will be like for next 6 months or so. there is an antidote to remove it that is easily performed. ask your injector about your lips , if they are looking like they are supposed to and if they can be fixed if needed. If they do not know how to fix then seek another doctor with more experience