Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty Surgery to Remove Bump

Recently had Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty surgery...

Recently had Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty surgery almost 2 months ago to remove a bump. Right after I had the split removed, I accidently hit my nose where the bump originally was. Now there is a bump again at the impact site and feels somewhat hard like bone.

I had the surgery primarily to correct sinus issues as I have had problems breathing. The rhinoplasty was just something I wanted to do for myself.

My surgeon said I won't know for a while if permanent, but when she put hard pressure on it, it went away temporarily, but returns the next day. If the bump can still change shape this late in the healing process, is this a good sign it is only temporary? (i.e. could be just swelling) Thank you.

Just put undecided as am still seeing the effects of the surgery but do recommend my doctor.

i think i have the same problem after i got my cast of my doctor instucted me to massage my nose and i think i pushed to hard in one area where i still had a bump, now under there is a hard bony thing that i can tape down but it always puffs back up leaving me with a possible pollybeak deformity... Do u have any answers yet
At 2 months it is too soon to be concerned. Also, anything that goes away with pressure is most certainly swelling. While you may have injured something when you hit your nose, if the nose did not bleed then you probably are OK. Sometimes taping the nose at night helps the skin to thin down. Usually you put a piece of gauzeor telfa (ask your surgeon for some) on the bump and then tape across it with mild pressure. After a few weeks you will see a change. Good luck
Hi, It appears you may have either a pollybeak deformity or the nasal bone is forming a callous. If it is either one of these two, they will not go away without surgery. At 2 months most of the swelling should have subsided. Hope this helps, Dr.S.