Breast Implant Removal and Replacement Nightmare

Contrapture and possible rupture (confirmed in...

Contrapture and possible rupture (confirmed in surgery) removed and replaced.

New implants were different in size, shape, and width. severe rippling around full circumference of both implants (silicone)left implant was originally significantly higher than right (6 weeks post op) now left breast is actually lower 9 weeks post op. Severe pain, pulling and burning when sitting up or any "weight" on breast for any significan amount of time (sitting up all day, severely sore by evening)If do alot of bending severely sore sooner. Previous implants had no rippling or pain.

Removal and replacement of implants resulted in new implants severely rippling (silicone) and pain/burning/soreness even at 9 weeks post op. Has anyone else experienced this? What actions did you take?

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Replacement implants have severe rippling, still very painful 9 weeks post op (in fact worse than week 4 - 8)Continual sagging in left breast, One breast wider than other.

I feel for you!! I'm going through exactly the same as you! I'm going on my third month and both have rippling and more on my left cleavage!! I can't stand to look at them!!! That's not what it is suppose to be!! Talk to your surgeon and ask him to fix them!! I will be back In two months because he saw that it looks bad! He said he would be happy to fix it!! Mine are on top of the muscle ! You should read my story so you can see what I have gone through and still not happy!! I'm sure your Dr will help you!!! They understand!!!!
I feel your pain. :( Hope you were able to correct this. I have been having problems with the positioning of my implants and it is not a fun experience.
Just checking in, I am so sorry to hear you had some challenges with your implants, have you had any corrective procedures done?
Tried to update photos, but didn't work, now I can't even find where to do it. Help anyone?

We've fixed it so you should be able to add photos by clicking the "Edit" link at the top of the page. Please let us know if you still have problems updating.

I know how you feel, I am looking at my fourth revision implants because I"m so unhappy with mine. I started off an A cup and through the last 11 years or so I have progressed up to 450 cc's which are obnoxious on me. I have pictures of mine up somewhere in my profile and mine are way too big for me too. I have a consultation this month for another redo....sigh. And mine have a strange shape also and the advice of the doctors was that the implant is too big for the pocket. It's kind of pointy on the bottom. If you get them redone I suggest going smaller using silicone cohesive memory gel (helps with ripples) and going under the muscle. Good luck!
Unfortuneately, my redo is as bad, if not worse than the original revision. The surgeon gave me a choice between 550 high profile or 450 mids I expressed concern about whether or not I had enough tissue for a 550 high profile, especially IN FRONT of the muscle and he insisted that in front, as they were originally, would be fine. (Keep in mind, I started out an A or AA cup). The 450's were wider than the current inmplants were and the HP's were narrower. We were going bigger to try and fix (smooth out) the "lip" bulging out on the bottom inside of the breast (about 1/2 inch in size),fix the rippling, fix my nipple being so far to the outside of my breast, and fix the "square" look of the left breast, His final plan of attack prior to surgery was that he would put in a sizer to determine which implant would work best in regards to size (my husband commented several times that since we're paying 3K more, we might as well go as big as we can, safely) and the amount of tissue present. Fast forward, revision done, I'm at my first follow up appt. My surgeon tells me that he was going to go with the 450's and the anesthesiologist (a tiny woman with to large of implants) told him I wouldn't be happy with them keep in mind, I Never discussed anything with this woman regarding the size, or any other aspect of what I wanted to accomplish with this 2nd revision, but doc decided try it and was able to squeeze in the 550's. Surgery Results: The right nipple is even further to the outside by about 3/4 inch (without bra). I can't wear fitted t-shirts because when the nipple is at attention, it looks like I've taken it off and placed it over 1 inch (with bra on) making it appear to be on the side of my breast so where the breast naturally rounds, there is no nipple. Because so much of the implant, thus the weight of the plant,(on right breast) is displaced towards the centerline, I'm in constant fear that it will keep moving (towards centerline) until it crosses the center line and ta da, uniboob (symmatsia) By the way, my breasts look like they were both removed and moved over 3/4 in (to my left) on my chest so the edge of right implant is right on the centerline and the left about 1/2 inch over (away from centerline). My left breast looks great, but now is starting to ripple pretty bad. So, I have a right breast that is triangular shaped (due to the big ripple/lip)I live in constant fear of symmastia because every bend or action that squeeze my breasts together makes it feel like my skin/muscle is being tugged away from my chest so the breast can keep moving over. I CONSTANTLY look at my breast to see if it has moved over more and my nipple is even further to the side. My quality of life is shot and what should have increased my confidence and self esteem (as it did with my original Augmentation) has decreased it and I paid $3000.00 more dollars for this result. Again, I am longwinded. Sorry :( I am disgusted every time I look in the mirror and I cry often because what I have lost with this whole thing. I hope that anyone who is considering getting implants really considers all the risks, pick your surgeon carefully. Good Luck!
I have a wonderful surgeon, who pushes practical sizes for implants. Please re-think the entire "let's go as big as we can" mentality with implants. There are surgeons whom have a code of ethics and keep practical and natural sizing to fit their patients. I am so sorry to hear you experienced what you have.
You are so right. Pick your surgeon carefully. I chose one who destroyed me and I also cry everytime I look in the mirror. I had a deflated saline on one side after 14 years.. I was so happy with them. Now I have small weirdly shaped silicone with a tremendous amount of ripples all over on each breast. I was too fast in choosing a doctor. This is NYC. I thought couldn't go wrong . now he wants $6000 to do a redo. I do not trust this PS with 5 years experience, I don't think he knows what he is doing. He said that I should have told him the size? I wanted it to look the same, that's all. Almost $10000 and I have ugly breasts probably for the rest of my life. CHOOSE your doctor very very carefully. Don't be in a hurry even if one deflates. Be careful. Be careful about who does your surgery. It can ruin your self esteem and you r bank account as it did mine.
I had severe rippling during my first procedure. I had saline uppers and the implants were way too big for me. I got them redone to silicone memory gel, partial uppers/unders. The doctor (against my wishes) insisted on putting high profile implants in me as he said I had a problem with rippling and high profile would drastically reduce this problem. My boobs look obnoxiously fake due to the high profile, I really wanted a natural look this time but I barely have any rippling compared to my first boob job. Anyway, I wish you luck!
I had them replaced at 8 months post op. I went to a high profile larger implant. The surgeon inserted a sizer to see how big he could go, 450cc mid profile or 550cc high profile. He went 550cc high profile because the anesthesiologist told him she didn't think I would be happy with 450cc mid even though that's the size he was going to go with. He's an idiot. They are to big and heavy and I fear the "uniboob" is eminent. They are above the muscle and with very little tissue (AA cup before first set of implants)and my skin stretched to the max, symmastia is a real threat. However, at 3 months post op, I have no rippling. Not visible anyway, I can feel a tiny bit on the cleavage side of implants, but nothing like previously. I don't know if it's because the implants are so huge or because they are high profile, but so far they look 100% better. As far as the pain, mine didn't subside until about 8 months post op. I went to a pain specialist at about 6 months post op because I couldn't take the pain anymore and he prescribed a nerve pain medication called Gabapentin(the generic name)I had to work up to 1200mg a day for it to fully work, but it was the beginning of the end of the pain. Oh happy day!!I have a lot of pain just like the last time, didn't start until about 4 weeks post op when I started moving and bending again. I think the weight is just too much. I started Gabapentin again and hopefully I'll get the same result. As long as the two implants don't become one, I am SOOOOOOO glad I had them redone. They look so much better. I'm sorry I'm so long-winded, but I hope this helps. Good luck!
I know you wrote this a long time ago and I dont know if you will get this reply but can you tell me what you did about it all because I have pretty much the exact problem :( (no one cares)
Thank you so much for your post and photos. Best of luck to you... -T (considering implants)
I am alos having some sagging but in my left breast. The left on is bigger even though less saline was put in, and there is a huge line between my implant and muscle. Im very unsatisfied and worried.