Breasts Uneven 1 1/2 Years After Pocket Revision!

I had implants to gain a more feminine appearance...

I had implants to gain a more feminine appearance.

Pros- larger breasts. I am completely happy with their new size.

Cons- My breasts are now uneven!

April 2007- Breast augmentation, saline unders, 225 cc filled to 250 each breast.

October 2007- Right breast pocket revision.

Before augmentation, my breasts were symmetrical, except the right one was very slightly larger. This difference was not visibly noticeable.

Seven months after receiving my implants, the right one was situated much higher on my chest than the left, causing anxiety and embarrassment, as it was quite noticeable when I wore a bikini or low-cut top. When I went to my surgeon about this, he said the culprit was probably that my right chest muscle was more developed, or larger, than the left (I am right-handed, if this matters.), and also that I have slightly more breast tissue in the right one. I can confirm this, as I was aware of it myself, long before surgery. The surgeon offered to lower the right pocket for no charge, which he did. But it never "caught up" to the left.

The left implant has more space to move than the right. When I raise my arms at shoulder level and higher, they appear even. I wonder whether he made the left pocket too large. Can this asymmetry indeed be from the anatomical differences observed by both me and my surgeon? Should he have been able to fix the asymmetry during the pocket revision, since he knew about the anatomical differences?

I have had to learn to live with the difference in my breasts, which I now assume is the price I had to pay to have larger breasts. (I was an A cup, now a C).

I am not interested in a second revision to the right breast, as I'd hoped the revision I had would fix the problem. After healing from the revision, I was disappointed to see they were still uneven.

Overall, I am satisfied with my surgeon, or at least I want to be. During my last appointment, a year ago, he didn't act like he noticed the difference in the two breasts, even when I pointed it out.

If I built up the left chest muscle, would this help support the implant better? Is it possible to get a more even appearance, after all this time has passed, simply by developing that left muscle more? Thank you!

I had Strattice dermal matrix put in with my revision to prevent capsular contraction from coming back, but it also helps with rippling, malpositioning, and is kind of an internal bra to support the implant, so if you were to consider another revision in the future, that might help and perhaps another doc could give you even better ideas? I think they look great also, but I understand your concern. I was able to go larger than my original 225s, so I was grateful for the chance to do so.
Thanks for that info! I will look into that when the time comes for implant replacement.
My recommendation is to make peace with what you have until it becomes unacceptable. Revisions are not fun, although the recovery and pain is shorter than the first BA, unless you're going from overs to unders like me. I felt like my chest was hit by a truck the first few days after my revision, but he did a capselectomy, two new implants and pockets, and the matrix, so the recovery was different from just replacements.
I just had my implants redone. I had 390cc's in both breasts. One of my implants eventually started to fall into my armpit whenever I would lay flat on my back. My PS and I decided to go with a larger implant to restore some fullness I had lost over the years. I went with 700cc's in both breasts. I finally have realized (once my PS surgeon pointed it out to me) that one of my breasts is slightly rounder and fuller at the bottom. I notice it and it bothers me, but to everyone else they say that I am crazy! Most women do have one breast that is slightly different than the other. I am very happy with my results since he was able to correct the implant that was falling out of place. I also have a large frame and my implants do not overwhelm me. I think your breasts look perfect! I do understand your concerns, but a lot times everyone can be very critical of themselves. They look very natural and seem to be a good size for your frame!
Thank you - it's now been a few years, so...with the passage of time, I've grown accustomed to subtle asymmetry, and now I really don't even notice. I feel you're right: most women have one breast slightly different than the other. And with augmentation, the difference can be more noticeable.
Most women have uneven breasts. Yours look great. You are being too critical of yourself. Go with the flow baby! This is my 2nd set. I went from silicone to saline because I was getting sick from the silicone. I can not tell the difference. Both of mine gave popped due to a car accident. The right breast is only held in with my skin & I had them implanted UNDER the muscle. My right implant has a physical bubble the size of a quarter that I can feel right under my skin. Both of them have turned sideways. They are so ugly that I am embarrassed to wear a bathing suit or even let my husband see them. I cannot afford to replace them. I guess I'll have to figure something out when it rips thru the skin. It's only a matter of time. I'm afraid to get a mammogram because that will pop them for sure! I'll have to have a sonogram instead. Feel lucky that yours are just a little uneven. They look great!
Ok... I think they look fantastic. I gotta implants June of 2012. I am 5"9' and a very wide chest (36-38). I had originally chose the 465 implant to be overfilled. The evening before my surgery, I backed down to the 425 overfill because everyone said "OMG! You are going to be way huge". So now here I am with perfect breasts but I feel to small for my frame. And I also can tell by my own feel of my left is bigger then my right. Wish I would've gone with the 465 or the 500. Still feel that they are a lil unproportioned but my PS says no. How tall are you and also your width of your chest if you don't mind me asking? Yours look close together which was the look I wanted. But my chest width is so wide, I wish that my PS would've insisted on the bigger implant to satisfied my needs. But yours look great!!
Thank you!! I'm 5'2" and chest circumference (bra size number) is 32.
I currently have the same problem. I was symmetrical, or unnoticeably close prior to my surgery and now I am asymmetrical. I, also, believe that the breast sits higher on my chest maybe due to the muscle. The same breast is more full, as well. I'm trying to figure out my options for a revision. I intended to be a full size bigger, too. At glance, someone probably wouldn't notice. If you take a good look, it's very noticeable.
They look perfect! I wish mine looked that good.
I dont understand, they look great and pretty natural. If I had those I would have no complaints.
hey i was wondering what dr you used also because i live in the area and already have two consultations next month.
I was wondering what dr. you used. I am in the Birmingham area and looking for a good one. I think they look very natural and I like they he offered to lower the pocket for no charge. You can email the name if you would rather it stay private. Thanks!
I think they look beautiful. If you are not in pain and not having any weird reaction to the implants be happy girl. I wish mine looked half as real as yours.
Seriously, your breasts look totally beautiful, natural, and even. All breasts are not completely identical twins, in no way would I think you have uneven breasts from looking at this pic. Although your arms are up so maybe this is the most flattering angle? But surely you picked a pic that you felt showed your worst fears? I think that it is in your head, because they WERE uneven. So now, even though they are fixed, your mind magnifies the quite normal and natural difference. The nipples are well positioned, you have cleavage, they look soft and natural. Relax and stop fixating on nothing, they look amazing.