Is Zerona Laser Treatment Painful?

Does it hurt to get Zerona laser lipo? It seems to me the laser would burn if it is literally melting fat inside you. Do you need anesthesia for Zerona treatment?

Not Painful at All

+2

The Zerona treatment is a completely painless cold laser:  I generally have my patients treated in a dark room with music playing.  Many say it is the most relaxing 40 minutes of their day.  The only sensation some patients report is an "awareness" of something on the skin, perhaps a slight tingling, never pain.  The treatments are usually every other day for a series of 6, 9 or 12 treatments.  The laser treats the targeted body area for 20 minutes on the front and 20 minutes on the back.  With adherence to the laser protocol, patients are getting excellent results.  Last week we had one patient lose cumulatively 14 inches from the thighs, hips and waist.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Painless fat reductions

+2

The Zerona process is a painless low level laser.  The laser energy is tuned down to provide photonic stimulation only and is not a heat generating laser. Think of the different effects of photons stimulating plant cells to produce energy versus the heat of the Sun focused through a magnifying glass.  The Zerona effects are not a result of thermal damage. The fat cells do not "melt", but respond by releasing excess lipids through a pore in the cell membrane.  Because the cells are not damaged as the lipids are released, there is no apparent inflammatory reaction, and results are seen within several weeks.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Zerona is Painless

+2

Hi Cartman,

Zerona laser is absolutely pain free (except for the pocket book). Patients just lay still for 20 minutes on their back, then 20 minutes on the other side, every other day, 3 days a week for 2 weeks.

The laser wavelength travels through the skin and is attracted to fat cells.

Whether this is "too good to be true" technology is still to be determined over the long term in terms of patient satisfaction.

Good luck and be well. Say hello to our friends in South Park.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Zerona Laser Treatments are Painless

+1

The Zerona uses a low level red laser technology that is completely painless. You simply lie down, listen to music, take a cat nap or read a magazine - that easy

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Zerona can't be felt

+1

The Zerona laser is a low level laser that can't be felt.  It isn't painful or hot at all.  It reacts with the fat cell membrane and makes it "leaky".  Some people have reported a tingling feeling in the areas treated afterwards.  Never have I had any feedback that it was painful.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Not Painful at All

+1

The treatment is not painful at all and is one of its advantages. While I have not integrated this laser into my practice ( waiting for additional clinical studies and monitoring RealSelf patient opinions), I asked someone who has a Zerona and she assures me it is not painless. Even more objectively two of my patients, while biltterly complaining that it did not work (they probably did not follow the diet), admitted that it was painless.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist