Is Zerona Laser the Best Non-invasive Fat Removal Procedure Around?

My experience with Zerona

+1

I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in the United States and in Canada. I have a busy and active body contouring practice offering a large number of both surgical liposuction technologies and non-surgical body contouring devices. I am in a good position to comment knowledgably on the Zerona laser slimming technologies as compared to other non invasive body contouring laser technologies as I own and operate many of the mentioned technologies in the posted question.

You can divide the body contouring world into non-invasive and invasive. You can also sub-divide invasive and non-invasive into focal body contouring reductions and generalized slimming. Liposuction, which still remains the gold standard in focal and sequential multi-focal body contouring, uses small suction cannulas, with or without tumescent anesthesia, with or without lasers, ultrasound, propulsive jet sprays or radiofrequency energy to actively aspirate remove fat from localized areas of fatty accumulation. Liposuction is still by far the most successful way to quickly , safely and effectively create the contouring figure that you desire. However there is some risk, recovery , and discomfort associated with liposuction this has lead to the growth of non-surgical, non invasive body contouring.

Non-invasive body contouring technologies use some type of energy or stimulus to injure, destroy or alter the architecture of the fat cells without inserting any device under the skin, without performing any surgery. The common non-invasive energy forms used to create nonsurgical body contouring include radiofrequency currents, high frequency focused ultrasound, infrared energy coupled suction and massage and diode laser energy. These non invasive energies and technologies for the most part, like liposuction, are used to reduce focal areas of enlarged fat cells such as tummy, hips and thighs. What makes the Zerona unique is that it is a generalized “whole body” slimming non-invasive laser technology that uses a photochemical rather than a thermal mechanisms or cavitational energy to alter the fat cell.

Using Zerona, after 6 treatments and 2 weeks, over 90% of patients will realize between 3-9 inches of generalized slimming, rather than localized fat reduction in a specific spot. So, if you are looking for a generalized reduction in trucal fat and generalized slimming then the Zerona Laser program is currently the best program for you. For specific areas of focal fat and accumulation you may still be best served by the various forms of liposuction or less effectively, but without recovery, using the non-invasive focal fat contouring technologies that now exist in the market place.

Lastly, you can combined Zerona Generalized Laser Slimming with either focal non-invasive or focal liposuction for the best simultaneous generalized and localized contour results, a combo procedure I call Zerona sculpt.

Zeltiq is the best one

+1

Zeltiq is the best one currently to remove fat non invasively. Please see my article written on Realself about Zeltiq. Research shows a 20-25% reduction in fat in the treated area. This was developed by Harvard Physicians. This is real science.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Zerona Laser, Is it the Best Non-Invasive Fat Removal Procedure Around?

+1

Hi Mbgcm,

According to the company and the luminary physicians who have demonstrated the laser in their offices it is. There is another wave of patients who are not seeing much improvement. There is no data on how long the effects last. The company tells you that it is dependent upon the individual patient's diet and exercise habits, and that the "inches lost" may return in a few months requiring more treatments.

For free it might be worth giving it a shot, for $3000 I would wait a few months and see what the longer term patient satisfaction rate is. I certainly hope that the claims that Zerona makes are true, but right now we still have to wait to see whether "It sounds too good to be true."

Accent XL is a radiofrequency technology that is among the best (tried and true) of the non-invasive fat "sculpting" procedures if you must have something done in the near future.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD