Is the Zerona Laser Safe for Treating Mens' Breasts?

Is Zerona laser treatment safe for treating mens' breasts?

Zerona Laser Safe but Not Recommended for Mens' Breasts

+1

Zerona Laser is suitable for men. Gynecomastia however is typically a more difficult problem and may be a mixture of not only fat tissue but also glandular breast tissue elements. - I would not recommend this treatment for you.
Zerona treatments are the same for men and women and work (or do not work) the same  in both sexes. Our office has not had a positive experience and my advice to you is to save your money for liposuction which works on everyone.

Zerona is a generalized “whole body” slimming non-invasive low level laser treatment coupled with oral medications, daily minimal water intake requirements. It  uses photochemical rather than a thermal or ultrasonic mechanisms  to alter the fat cell by making the fat cell membrane more permeable - letting fat out that is absorbed by the body. The company aggressively markets to many medical specialties as a medical breakthrough that works dramatically on most patients. This was not our experience.

According to Zerona, after 6 treatments and 2 weeks, the majority of patients will realize between 3-9 inches of generalized slimming, rather than localized fat reduction in a specific spot. Although FDA approved at this time and favorable controlled studies have been done it is our office experience that this technique was not efficacious. We first tried it on 6 members of our office staff, including myself and one of our patients who is a professional blogger (you can look up her experience on "tweentyfouratheart. com. There were no significant changes despite following all directions faithfully.  We have stopped offering this treatment and have returned our machine.

Zerona, Is it Safe in the Treatment of Men's Breasts?

+1

Hi Sm,

According to the company and early users of the technology, Zerona works well for men's breasts. The treatment is very new in the US. Again, the company and early users claim that the treatment is very safe and without side effects.

As Alexandre Dumas ends "The Count of Monte Cristo", man's knowledge can be summed up in two words, Wait and Hope. The same can apply to new laser technologies until we have more experience with them.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD