Can Your Muscle Still Grow if You Have Pec Implants?

Can your muscle still grow if you have pec implants? Im not planning on cheating working out. im just getting it for balancing my pectus excavatum. anyway so if i have pec implants will i still be able to make my pecs bigger? like it wont **** it up or anything?

Pec Implants and Muscle Growth

+2
Pectoral Implants are placed under the muscle generally from the armpit area. The muscle is not damaged, cut or divided. The body will surround the implants with layers of collagen, as it does with any type of implant or foreign body, called the capsule. This capsule is what holds the implant in position and generally takes about 8 to 10 weeks to fully form. It is important to keep the chest area and implants at rest for this period to allow the capsule to heal around and hold the implants snuggly in position. Unlike female breast implants under the muscle which we want to move around in the capsule, we do not want the pec implants to be able to slip or move around. Rather we want them to heal firmly in position against the chest wall. This is why no strenuous activity for 10 to 12 weeks. Light, no impact, exercise may begin at about 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. Over the years, I have popularized the vertical-rectangular implants which i use most often, however pec implants come in various shapes and sizes. I generally prefer to stay on a conservative side of things and aim for results that are well done rather than over done. 
Also, in regards to pectus excavatum, pec implants alone can accentuate your depressed central chest defect. There are options for pectus excavatum improvement including fat augmentation, or a custom implant as well as more formal corrective procedures. Make sure you have a consultation with a surgeon experienced in these procedures before making a decision. 

Yes it is possible to continue to increase your pectoralis muscle after pectoral augmentation

+2
Thank you for your important question about pectoral implants and further body builder work at the gym.

Yes, it is back to normal 3 months after pectoral augmentation with pectoral implants for my patients in Toronto Canada.

None of the muscle is damaged after pectoral augmentation but it will be stretched initially and will require healing.  Over 6-12 weeks, your body will form a layer of collagen around your implants (same as with other implants like breast, buttock, calf, hips, abs, chin, etc.); it is called a capsule.  That capsule will then prevent dislocation of your implants.

So my Toronto plastic surgery patients who have undergone pectoral augmentation can go back to light cardiovascular exercises 6 weeks post-op and to body-building exercises 12 weeks post-op.

Please note that we have several shapes of implants available in Canada and each comes in different sizes.  All are soft silicone implants, made in USA and in Brazil.

We do offer SKYPE-Camera consultation if you live far away.  Because this is not a common procedure for most plastic surgeons, we see patients from all over Canada for #BodyImplants in Toronto.   I have done over 200 pectoral augmentations in Toronto so far (2014). 

Make sure your surgeon is well experienced!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto plastic surgeon

Voted TOP plastic surgery Clinic in Toronto for 2013 and 2014

Voted TOP Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto for 2014

visageclinic.com/patient-resources/media.cfm

Marc DuPere, MD

+1

Yes, your pectoralis major muscles will "grow", despite having implants in place. Best wishes.

+1

I think your muscle can still grow after pec implants, but the implant may alter the ability to build muscle. As a bodybuilder, I like to make fairly certain that the individual has gotten as far as possible before considering the pectoral implants.

Muscle growth after pectoral implants

+1

Pectoral implants are generally placed under the pectoral muscle. Once you recover, usually after about 4 weeks, you can start exercising including working out your chest. You can bulk up your pectoral muscle the same way you did before the surgery.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon