Are Pec Implants Noticeable To The Touch?

I am considering pec implants along with gyno revision to help correct some a small degree of skin laxity. I want results that look and feel natural. My understanding is they are placed behind the muscle. Can you feel the implants once they are inserted inside the body?

Pec implants, can you feel them?

+2

Pectoral implants like breast implants can sometimes be noticeable depending on how the procedure is done.  I choose to put my pec implants under the muscle.  This helps camouflage the implant.  Some surgeon put it above the muscle which makes it easier to feel.  It will also depend upon the chest wall structure, to help determine how noticeable they are.

Good luck and thank you for the question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Implantes de pectorales al igual que los implantes de senos pueden ser perceptibles dependiendo de como se hace el procedimiento. Yo escojo por poner los implantes de pectorales debajo del musculo.  Esto ayuda a disimular los implantes. Algunos cirujanos los ponen sobre el musculo y esto los hacen mas aparientes. Pero tambien depende de la estructura de las paredes del pecho para determinar que tan perceptibles se van a ver.

Suerte y gracias por la pregunta!

.

+1

In general, you will be able to feel them and know that they are there. This is not problematic in most patients. They tend to work well under the pectoralis major muscle.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Pectoral-Implants.php

Are pectoral implants visible? Palpable?

+1

Pectoral implants can rarely be slightly noticeable in very thin people and those with thin pectoral muscles.  But for those who train their chest muscles, the thick pectoralis muscles usually blunt all implants edges.  As far as palpating them, yes, they can be palpable in the outer lower quadrant in very thin persons.  For this reasons, a very very soft pliable silicone implants should be chosen instead of a rigid one.  Hope this helps!  See our video, attached.  Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Plastic Surgeon, Board-Certified.

Can you feel pectoral implants?

+1

The pectoral implants are usually placed behind the muscle. The hardness of the implant can vary between different implant manufacturers. However, even the softest implants will be palpable to some extent. They are more palpable when there is less soft tissue over it. If a person knows what to look for, and touches your chest, they will be able to feel them. There are certainly men, just as with women, with implants whose partner does not know they have implants even though to a plastic surgeon, its easy to tell.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Pec Implants

+1

Yes, for most patients, the pec implants are placed under the muscle.  The implants area made from a solid silicone but can be made in different "firmness" to assist with making things feel as "natural" as possible.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_pecimplant.htm