Will One Treatment of Sculptra Give Me Fuller Cheeks?

I am young and want fuller cheeks, is one treatment enough? I do not have any wrinkles to fill but have fairly flat cheeks, always have, and would love for them to be fuller. Do you think one treatment of Sculptra will be noticeable?

Sculptra for cheeks

+3

I like Sculptra so much that have it in my cheeks! One treatment is probably not going to be enough. My philosophy on injectable fillers is not to over do it. I like to add a little usually using one vial then re-evaluate in a few weeks or months. A little more can always be added. Sculptra seems to lasts a lot longer that they say.

Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra for flat cheeks...

+2

Sculptra is not a quick fix, but it gives nice results over time.  Scuplta causes collagen formation, so it would be an excellent option for flat cheeks.  There is an average of 3 sessions of injections over a period of 3 months or so, and the results usually last up to 2 years.  It is importants to consult with a physician who is trained in Sculptra injections and has performed a lot of these procedures.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

Without seeing you in person, it is difficult to know how much is needed.  I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Fuller cheeks with sculptra

+1

I think Sculptra is a wonderful product but my feeling is that if you only need a tiny bit of something it is not the best choice. If you want a small enhancement you might do better with the immediate results of Radiesse. However,  if a patient wants or needs a substantial amount of volume, Sculptra is the way to go. I do think that one vial will not make you happy if you really want to see a difference and that if you are not willing to invest in at least two trips, do something else. Remember-you can always evaluate and stop after one vial if it has gotten you what you want. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

One treatment of Sculptra generally does not give you fuller cheeks

+1

One treatment of Sculptra generally does not give you fuller cheeks. Usually, everyone needs at least 2 treatments because Sculptra is a collagen stimulator. One treatment will not be enough for even a subtle result, generally, unless you’ve had something like Radiesse already in your cheeks.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

One treatment with Sculptra may give fuller, not full, cheeks.

+1

Sculptra does show its benefit slowly as it recruits your body's ability to produce more collagen. It may show its effect over several months after the treatment. Usually one treatment, whether it utilizes one or two vials, may show only minor results in moderately volume deficient patients. In minimally volume deficient patients the results are more obvious.

Ronald Shelton, MD