5 Wks Post Op BA...is It Ok to Go on Roller Coasters Yet?

I am 5 wks post op. Is it ok to go on roller coasters yet? I had 300cc's submuscular silicone implants placed through my areolas. I have not had any complications. My incisions have already healed and scarred. My PS's office is closed on wkends and I don't want to call the emergent number for a question like this. Any advice would be appreciated =) Thanks!

Rollercoasters After Breast Augmentation

+1
It would probably be safer for you not to ride on any roller coasters as they can be quite bumpy and bash you around. I would recommend waiting until the 6 week mark, or better yet, after two months.

Avoid roller coasters 5 weeks after plastic surgery

+1

Thank you for your question. Roller coasters throw your body around very violently and could injure your breasts and implants 5 weeks after breast augmentation surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Roller Coasters After BA

+1

After 5 weeks, I would still be cautious however it should be alright for you to go on a rollercoaster at this point. Please make sure to wear a supportive bra and make sure there are is not too much direct pressure.

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

5 weeks post op Breast Aug. Amusement Park rides OK?

+1

Yes! You can typically go back to most of your regular activity after 4 weeks, but everyone is different.  I recommend confirming with your plastic surgeon before doing anything. have fun! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Roller coaster after implants

+1

At 5 weeks you should be Ok, but you should check with your surgeon to make sure everything is OK.

+1

Hard to imagine any harm coming from this. Do where your postop bra or something supportive. 

All the best. 

Riding a roller coaster five weeks after breast augmentation is a good question.

+1

First of all this question should be answered by your surgeon. In my practice patients that are doing well are permitted full activity after four weeks. The roller coaster issues never come up but I think it might have to do with the type of ride the device delivers and what sort of pressure would be levied on the chest. Why risk it?

Roller Coasters after Breast Augmentation

+1

I would not risk it at this point.  You body makes a scar around the implant naturally and if you do something "bouncy" you may make that scar lower than it should be which would make your implants sit lower than you want them to (making them less full on top).  I think if you spend the money and time on recovery for something like a breast augmentation - you want to do everything to make it look great and not need further surgery!  Good luck!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon