Drain Fell out 3 Days Post TT w/ Lipo, Should I Worry?

3 days post op from TT with lipo, feel pretty good* and I am limiting my pain meds. Then whoppsee one of drains fell out. Yes the drains were draining good. Am I in trouble? 2nd drain has continued to drain well.

+1

CALL your chosen operative surgeon ASAP to inform him/her of this issue. No matter what we say over the internet the responsibility is between you and you chosen surgeon. 

One of two drains from tummy tuck fell out 3 days postoperatively

+1

Did you contact your plastic surgeon immediately when your drain fell out? If not, you absolutely need to call him/her. Ignoring this issue, you still may do okay if the other drain is functioning.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

If you have 2 drains you should be ok but.....

+1

If there is another drain there it should be OK.  As long as no fluid accumulates and forms a seroma there should not be any long term problems.  You must see your surgeon and be evaluated.  Usually the second drain can compensate for the loss of the other drain.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Accidental drain removal 3 days after a tummy tuck

+1

Hi Alison.  If your drainage was pink or almost clear on the day the drain was accidentally removed, you may have no problem - but you should be evaluated by your surgeon.  If the drainage was still bloody, you may develope a seroma (collection of fluid uder the skin of the lower abdominal wall)  which will need to be removed by your surgeon.  In short, see your operating surgeon. Good luck! 

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Probable seroma after tummy tuck

+1

You will most likely get a seroma from the drain coming out too soon.  This is something to stay close to your plastic surgeon about and with removal of the fluid, this should not harm your long term result.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Drain Out after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I'm sure you have made your plastic surgeon aware that one of your drains has come out.  Since you have at least one more drain present  your plastic surgeon may elect to follow you clinically for signs of seroma.

Best wishes for an otherwise uneventful recovery.