Did I Ruin my Muscle Repair 3 Months Post-op Tummy Tuck?

Hi, I am 15 weeks post-op tummy tuck with an umbilical hernia and muscle repair. Tonight, I fell hard and for about 5 minutes after, I had sharp pains on my left side near my belly button. It is Friday and I cannot contact my PS until Monday, so I am concerned about how likely it is that I ruined my TT and what signs to be aware of that would indicate damage. Thank you very much the experts on this site are AMAZING!

Fall after tt

Sorry to hear about your fall. As you probably know from reading information on this site, the rectus diastasis and umbilical hernias are typically repaired in multiple layers, so it is unlikely that you have "ruined" your repair.  In my experience, many patients treat their abdominal muscles with care over the first 3-6months.  Most limit situps, crunches, and core strengthening.  So during a fall, you may have stretched or stressed the repair more than you have since surgery.  I typically have my patients massage the area that hurts to desensitize the nerves, wear a supportive garment with even compression and call your plastic surgeon for followup.  Best of luck. Dr. Renucci

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon