When Can I Apply Self Tanning Lotion After my Implants?

The last thing I want to do is mess anything up or harm my implants. I'm curious when can I start applying self tanner on my chest??? I'm exactly at 14 days since my surgery! (425l 475r silicone unders)

Breast Enhancement

+1
I would say three weeks to prevent unknown consequences that would happen with the lotion getting into a healing wound

Tanning lotion

+1

I also agree that avoiding the incision is the way to go.  Id probably wait at least 8 weeks before placing on the incision but your PS may feel differently.  A quick call to their office should answer your question.

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Self tanning lotion after breast augmentation

+1

If you avoid the incisions, you are safe to apply the self tanning lotion now. And the incisions are probably already healed fairly well at this point too. But, everyone heals slightly different, so it is probably best to get the OK from your surgeon before getting it on the incisions. 

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Self Tanner after Breast Augmentation

+1

I would not recommend placing self tanner around the incisions.   If you can avoid the area of your fresh scar completely, then I would say there is no problem doing it now.    I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Self tanning lotion and Breast Implants

+1

There is no definite time period when you can start to apply. The best time would be once the incisions are healed. I am conservative and would advise you to wait longer than that. It will be ultimately up to your surgeon's judgement. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tanning Lotion After Breast Augmentation

+1

You need to make sure that your incisions are completely healed before applying a tanning lotion. Get clearance from your surgeon first. Good Luck

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

+1

Your incisions must be completely closed and healed before using such a product. Best advice is to call your surgeon, who has followed your recovery. 

Self tanner

+1

I would wait one full month prior to applying a self tanner scar near your scars.  But do have the scars checked out by your plastic surgeon first.  Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon