Why is my Left Breast Not Round? (photo)

I got my 600cc saline, high profile, submuscular implants 2 weeks ago. My right breast is nice and round, but my left breast looks flat on the side and oblong. Why could this be? Should I be worried? It doesn't hurt any more than my right breast..

Breast Augmentation 2 weeks ago, shape difference

+2

I know it seems like both of our breasts should heal at the same rate, but typically, they don't like to cooperate.  One side can drop sooner than the other or one side can stay swollen longer than the other, you never know.  With that said, you are just 2 weeks out of surgery, so it's quite soon for you to worry about final shape.  You look like you are healing well and on track, so keep up the good work.  Try to be patient because it can take another few months before your breasts settle and anywhere from 3-6 months before you see final shape.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Shaping Takes Time After Breast Augmentation!

+2

It is entirely normal to see differences like the ones you see in the first weeks after breast augmentation.  The skin needs time to grow, relax, soften after breast implants are placed. Most people continue to see shape improve and breasts soften for 6 months or longer after their breast augmentation!

Web reference: http://www.drzwiebel.com/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry after augmentation.

+2

Hi A2Dfinally. Don't worry!  You have a normal, early postoperative appearance, and I am sure you will have a beautiful final result.  Your implants are very large for your frame, and I expect it to take longer for the swelling to resolve, and the implants to settle. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Why is my Left Breast Not Round?

+1

With steristrips still in place this is apparently a very early post op photo, and the implants are rather large. On the posted photos I am having a difficult time seeing much of a difference between the two sides. 

At any rate, with under the muscle implants the pectoral muscles will take 3 months or so to relax and accommodate the implants, and it is quite common in patients who wind up nice and even to have asymmetry early on since the muscles are not even--the one on the handed side is larger and stronger. 

Follow with you surgeon, best wishes during your continued recovery. 

Early results after BA

+1

Your breasts looks like they are healing normally after just 2 weeks. It will take at least 2-3 months for the implants to settle. Be patient.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/procedures/breast-surgery/

Pocket is likely still tight

+1

Dear A2D,

Thank you for the photos.  I suspect the pocket on the left is a little too tight.  At 2 weeks after surgery there is plenty of time left for the pocket to relax and for the breast shape to improve.  This of course depends on how your breast tissue was before surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will be the best to guide you through this process in terms of massage or implant displacement.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Size Selection in Breast Augmentation

+1

The most critical factor in choosing the proper implant in breast augmentation is breast width. This is determined by directly measuring the existing breast tissue in clinic with the use of calipers. Once this is determined, the implant base width is established. To achieve a larger-sized breast with a given implant base width, the profile of the implant must be increased. At the upper end of this spectrum, for example, is the ultra high profile implant (Common Range: moderate profile-->moderate plus-->high profile-->ultra high profile). When the implant base width does not match the breast base width, the implants are forced laterally toward the underarm, and centrally toward the midline. Pocket dissection is based on implant size. When the implant size exceeds the size of the breast/chest (i.e. when large breast implants are selected) distortions of the breast can occur and asymmetry can result.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Hi there 

thank you for your kind question

at 2 weeks, it is far too early to make any judgments as you will have swelling for quite a while yet. I am sure most of this will settle but perhaps you could obtain a 'kick strap' which fastens around the top of the breasts and helps maintain position.

Please take things easy and good luck with your post-operative recovery

I am sure your surgeon will help when you are reviewed.

Paul Banwell< Plastic Surgeon, London and East Grinstead

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation 2 weeks Ago

+1

You are in the early healing phase.  It will take weeks for your breast to settle and round out.  Discuss the use of a breast band with your Plastic Surgeon.  This may help your breast settle a little faster.  Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation Breast Shape

+1

Although you may see some discrepancy between your right and left breast now, there is one thing I can tell you for sure.  Your breasts will completely change in appearance over time with these very large, high profile saline implants. Whether or not that subtle flatness in your left breast will still be present, no one can know.  However, other changes may emerge as your body tissues (muscle, fat, breast, and skin) expand and thin due to the forces of these implants.  These changes can potentially be much more prominent than your current asymmetries.  Your choice of implant type, size, and projection has the greatest negative impact on your body and breast over the long run.  Choosing smaller, less projecting, silicone gel implants have the least impact and should have the most durable and predictable aesthetic outcome. 

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com