What is the Average Cost of Juvederm Per Unit?

Juvederm is not sold per unit

Elaine, Juvederm is not sold per "unit." Botox is sometimes sold per "unit," which may lead to some confusion. Also there are two kinds of Juvederm, Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm UltraPlus. It is typically sold per syringe. The prices can vary widely, ranging anywhere from $400 per syringe to $1000 per syringe. However, there is more than just the cost. If you find a good price per syringe, but the person injecting it has no idea wat they are doing, then you are not going to be too happy. It is better to get recommendations and find a good injector. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. You might also want to ask about Juvederm Events at your doctors office - these events often give nice discounts for trying the product. Good luck.

The cost of injection for Juvederm can vary tremendously.

The cost of injections of Juvederm can vary tremendously as with many aesthetic procedures depending on who is injecting you, their skill and the value of their time.  Essentially anyone can inject a filler somewhere; however, you need a skilled injector who is artistic and has an excellent understanding of facial anatomy.  I prefer to use microcannulas for many of my HA injections such as Juvederm and Restlylane.  This technique allows me to deliver the product precisely with minimal discomfort and no bruising.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Based on Syringe

Juvederm, much like other injectable fillers, are priced per syringe, rather than unit. (A unit is commonly used for Botox, not fillers.) This is because Juvederm comes pre-packaged - the product is put into a syringe by the manufacturer. You can expect to pay about $600 - $800 per syringe in Toronto, depending on the type of Juvederm.

Juvederm Cost

Pricing varies based on injector experience and expertise. In Chicago, price varies from $500-800 per syringe for Juvederm depending on the injector.

Factors to consider for injector:
  • Do they understand facial anatomy?
  • What are their qualifications (Facial plastics surgeon, nurse, ER physician, etc)?
  • Do they have an overall goal for me and plan?
Saving money on facial filler is usually not a good idea as correction of the issue may cost more than fixing it right the first time.

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Is Sold By The Syringe

Although Botox is usually priced by the unit, Juvederm is typically charged by the syringe. Syringes contain 0.8cc of Juvederm and prices range between $450 and $650 per syringe. Although the cost of Juvederm is important, the experience and training of the injector are even more important. For this reason, patients should carefully look at their injectors qualifications.

Juvederm without nerve blocks every time

Typically a 1 cc syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus XC, which can be enough for most patients for treatment of the lips or the nasolabial folds, is $600. Some patients may benefit from 2 syringes.  Make sure that the person injecting the Juvederm is a board certified plastic surgeon. Nurse injectors just do not have enough skill, training, education, or expertise to inject fillers.

Average Cost of Juvederm

Juvederm is a great facial injection but it is sold by the syringe and not the unit.  Syringe prices vary per area in the country and are largely based on the skill and experience of the physician injecting the product.  My personal philosophy is "less is more" in regards to the number of syringes injected.  I find all too often patients are "over-injected" with too much product and I am consulted to dissolve the product and "fix it". I recommend you find a skilled board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial injections for the best cosmetic results.

Cost of Juvederm

Juvederm is sold by syringes and the prices can vary from $400-$1,000 per syiringe depending on the area of the country that you live in. Seek an experienced injector and see their before and afters before deciding.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Cost

In Toronto, Ontario, the cost is usually by the syringe, and it is $600-850 depending on the product administered. Voluma tends to be more expensive.  

Juvederm Sold Per Syringe

Unlike Botox, which is priced per unit, Juvederm is sold per syringe of product.  A syringe of Juvederm is typically around $600.  Most people require 1-2 syringes depending upon the area being treated and the level of correction needed.  Your provider should provide an estimate of the cost of your treatment.  Many offices also host special events offering discounts on various treatments.  The manufacturer of Juvederm, Allergan, also has a rewards program called Brilliant Distinctions.  Your provider should help you register with this program and take advantage of the rebates and rewards offered by the company.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon