Can I Be Overweight and Still Get Chin Lipo?

I Weigh 240lbs & Want to Get Chin Lipo - Will I Still See Results?

Chin Liposuction

+1

Yes, you can weigh 240, and get chin liposuction.  Whether it will be beneficial is something you and your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will have to discuss.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Good candidates for chin liposuction

+1

Patients who are at or close to their ideal body weight are the best candidates for chin liposuction.  You should have good skin tone with no stretch marks in the area. The best candidates generally are under the age of 50 also.  The success of submental (chin/neck) liposuction depends on the quality of the skin in the area.  With the help of a compressive post-operative garment, you can expect to see results within the first few weeks.

A board certified plastic surgeon can examine you to determine if this is a good procedure for you.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

+1

Regarding: "Can I Be Overweight and Still Get Chin Lipo?  I Weigh 240lbs & Want to Get Chin Lipo - Will I Still See Results?"

Liposuction WILL remove excess fat from the chin and neck area and you will see the result immediately after the surgery. Depending on the state and condition of the skin, you may or may not like the result since skin contractility is not always predictable.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Chin liposuction may be performed even if individual is overweight.

+1

Yes, you may still be a candidate for liposuction even if you are not at your target weight. Liposuction may be applied to the neck underneath the chin, and may also be helpful in tapering the jaw-line.

The important question I ask with all my patients considering Chin Liposuction is whether or not a chin implant will also help as 75% of patients who benefit from liposuction would also benefit from a chin augmentation.

By slightly augmenting the jaw-line, the contour of the overall profile is dramatically improved. The chin implant may be placed through the same ½ incision that may be used for liposuction in the neck.

For an example of Facial Liposuction case procedures I have performed, please click the link below.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

You can be overweight and get Chin Lipo but results are better if you lose weight first

+1

You will see improvement in your neck and chin after Chin Lipo or Liposuction.

Plastic Surgeons recommend weight loss before Liposuction because we want your weight to be stable so that you do not gain weight after Liposuction and lose the benefit of the procedure. If you can lose some weight and keep it off your chances of a lasting result are improved.

Another issue is skin laxity. When too much fat is removed from beneath the skin, the skin often becomes lax and sags, which creates another problem for your appearance.

Consult 2 reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and follow their advice for your unique situation.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Chin liposuction results can still be good, no matter your weight

+1

If you are planning to maintain your current weight, then you might go ahead with the neck lipousuction.  You should expect to see less fullness and better overall contour.  You should not expect a chiseled profile, though.

If you are planning weight loss, you should consider waiting until you have reached your goal weight to have the neck liposuction.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Liposuction is a great way to help shape the neck.

+1

Liposuction is a great way to help shape the neck.  The real question is whether or not you are happy at your current weight.  If you are happy and don't plan to lose a significant amount of weight then I would go forward with plans for liposuction to help contour the neck a little.

Ideally liposuction is performed for patients that are at or near their goal weight and just have a few "problem areas" that wont go away with diet and exercise.  However I frequently perform liposuction on patients that are overweight, but have areas that are not in balance with the rest of their body.  I let them know that liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss, but can be used to help body areas look more in balance with each other.  As long as they have realistic expectations then they really like the result.

The neck is an area that is sometimes "out of balance" with the rest of the body and liposuction (especially SmartLipo) is wonderful for shaping this area.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Overweight and Still Get Chin Lipo

+1

Sure you can. But see in evaluation 3 boarded surgeons who can discuss the risk/benefit ratios. Best is to lose weight before doing this lipo of the chin. 

Liposuction success depends on a number of factors

+1

Liposuction will directly remove fat from the submental (under the chin) area.  Remember that all of the other effects on the skin are an indirect result of the fat removal. The success of the result will depend on a number of factors.

• Do you have excess skin?   If you already have hanging or fairly loose skin, liposuction may make the appearance worse.
  • Do you have poor skin elasticity?   Even if you don't have excess skin, poor elasticity (meaning it won't retract after liposuction) may make the overall appearance worse. Poor skin elasticity may result from prior sun damage, smoking, radiation, significant weight changes, aging, genetic factors.
  • Are you a candidate for surgery?  You have stated your weight but not your height, and other medical history.  Assuming that you are overweight (as your question states), there are other factors that may impact on whether or not surgery is a good option for you.

Have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They can determine if this procedure is the right one for you.

Lawrence Tong, MD

Chin liposuction on overweight individual

+1

The results of chin lipo depend primarily on the amount of fat and your skin elasticity. You will definitely see results but your satisfaction depends on your expectations.