I Am 7 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck and I Feel Little Bumps in Incision Line is This Normal?

i can feel those little bumps only on some areas of my incision line.. will they go away? anything that I can do?

Tummy Tuck Scar Takes Several Months To Mature

+2

It takes several months for the scar in a tummy tuck to fully mature.  There will be many changes from your observations at 7 weeks post-op.  You could be feeling some subcutaneous scarring.  More likely the "bumps" that you feel are either some of the deep sutures or staples (which some surgeons use).  Both the sutures and staples usually dissolve after several weeks.  Ask your surgeon about this who can advise you of some things that you can do to spped things along.

Tummy Tuck Incision Line

+1

You are still very early on in the recovery process and most likely the bumps you feel will go away with time.

In my practice, I use dissolvable sutures and it does take some time for these to fully dissolve.  I would suggest giving your self time to heal and allow the scar to heal as well.  Keep in close communication with your surgeon.

We offer a scar cream to our patient's which has silicone as well as a steriod that seems to work well.

Bumps that are felt deep to the suture line represent deep sutures that have not dissolved yet

+1

At 7 weeks following a tummy tuck, the bumps that you are feeling are most probably deep sutures that have not as of yet dissolved. Depending on the material used, this may take up to 6 - 9 months to resolve.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Bumps under incision line with tummy tuck

+1

I agree with my colleagues, this is likely scar tissue around the deep sutures.  They can feel like marbles under the incision line.  The good news is that they usually go away with time.  Massage may help them go away faster. Good luck!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yes, very normal. These are suture granulomae that resolve in most cases over healing time. Be patient or try massage or ultrasonic therapy. 

"Bumps" in tummy tuck incision line

+1

It is normal to have some irregularities along the incision line after a tummy tuck.  It may take several months for them to resolve.  Massage does tend to help.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Bumps along the incision line probably caused by stitches

+1

The bumps that you describe along the incision line of your tummy tuck probably resulted from sutures that were placed underneath the skin.  Usually, these are dissolvable stitches and the bumps will probably go away after the stitches dissolve.  This may take 6 weeks or longer, depening on the material that the stitches were made from.

James Tang, MD

Bumps along incision line

+1

You may be feeling the deep sutures, or maybe firmer areas where collagen/scar tissue is building up (a normal process).  In both cases, this should get better over the upcoming months! 

Michelle Spring, MD

Normal Post -OP Healing

+1

Yhe incision has sutures holding the the skin together.  What you are feeling are the deep sutures which usually will absorb, depending of the type of sutures used.  Again, perfectly normal.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD