Swelling and Numbness 6 Weeks After Tummy Tuck and Liposuction Normal?

its been 6 week since i had my tummy tuck and lipo in the love handle. is it common to still feel swelling and numb?

Swelling and numbness after 6 weeks following tummy tuck

+2

IT is very normal to have persistent swelling and numbenss 6 weeks after tummy tuck and for periods persisting up to two years.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Not unusual

+2

It is most certainly possible to have some minor swelling 6 weeks after your liposuction.  I explain this type of swelling during this time period as "swelling that would be recognized by family or a significant other or your surgeon".  Meaning someone who knows your usual body shape/contour.  Your contour will continue to improve over the next 4months and then stabilize.  The numbness is not unusual at all 6 weeks after surgery and may take 6 months or so to improve.

Dr. ES

Swelling and Numbness Normal for 3-4 Months

+2

It is totally normal to still have numbness and swelling for 3-4 months after a tummy-tuck and liposuction.  Just be patient, continue to wear some sort of compression garment, and the swelling/ numbness will resolve on its on.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon