How Long After a Tummy Tuck Can I Drive?

Driving after tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)

+3

In most instances being able to drive is a function of whether you are taking pain pills which could impair your ability to drive. In some cases this is within 4 days while for others it may take longer in the range of 2 weeks.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Resuming Driving after Cosmetic Surgery

+3
You can resume driving after Cosmetic Surgery when you can make rapid decisions and execute them without the influence of pain pills. Driving while taking pain pills is a felony that may hurt you and or others. It is best to postpone driving until you are off pain pills and can make sudden turns or stops, should you have to. For most people this would be around 2-3 weeks.

Driving after tummy tuck

+3

There are a number of issues relating to driving. Of course your pain should be minimal. You also cannot be on narcotics for pain. You should be mobile enough to maneuver quickly out of the car in case of an emergency, and you should be healing well enough so that any trauma by the seat belt of steering wheel in case of an accident is minimized. Usually this is between 10-14 days post-op, perhaps sooner in minimal cases.

Driving after surgery

+2

The advice I give my patients is that they should not drive if they are impaired.  You should be able to operate your car in a safe manner.  This means you have to be able to react and move with out pain and not be inebriated with pain medications.  This is very important from an insurance stand point because your insurance company does not insure you as an impaired driver.

Best Wishes.

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

+1

It would be best to address specific questions regarding your recovery with your operating surgeon since he/she knows you and the planned procedure ( and is responsible for all aspects of your care). My routine may not be applicable to you and could potentially be  confusing. Having said that, most patients ( assuming they are off “mind altering” medications and can respond to an emergency quickly) are able to drive 2 to 3 weeks after tummy tuck surgery.  Best wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Driving post tummy tuck

+1

The duration is subjective and always varies from patient to patient. I allow my patients to drive as soon as they are feeling less sore, off the pain meds, but not before 7-10 days post op. I also restrict long distance travel for about 10-14 days following the surgery.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticssurgerycentre.com/tummy-tuck.php

India Plastic Surgeon