Can I Wear Tight Caps 1 Month After Hair Transplant?

Hi all tomorrow will be one month after my hair transplant, it was a FUT surgery with 3200 grafts and i was wondering if it is safe now to wear a tight cap ( sadly no other choice) when I am going to work this week Thank you so much

Wearing a Tight Cap After Hair Transplant

+1

In most cases, transplanted grafts are securely rooted no later than ten days post-surgery. Thus, wearing a tight cap a full month after hair transplant should be okay. As one doctor said below, make sure it’s not so tight that it cuts off blood circulation to the scalp. Worn too tightly and too often it could inhibit graft growth or even result in traction hair loss.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Cap after Transplant

+1

You should be OK if it's truly one month after a hair transplant, consult your surgeon for further confirmation.  

John E. Frank, MD

Wearing tight cap after Hair Transplant

+1

As long as the tight area of the cap doesn't push against the grafts it's probably ok, but remember these new grafts need plenty of blood flow to grow.  You don't want the cap too tight to restrict blood flow. 

Jack Fisher, MD

Tight cap after transplant

+1

It would be best to address your surgeon about this. Likely a cap would be allowed. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon