Should I Wait Until I Finish Electrolysis on my Upper Lip Before Having Juvederm Injections?

Juvederm and Electrolysis or Laser Hair Removal

+1

The prudent thing to do is to wait a week after electrolysis or laser hair removal on the lip or face before signing up for facial fillers like Juvederm on the lip.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Electrolysis and Juvederm

+1

Electrolysis treatments play no role in deciding to use botox or fillers like Juvederm in the adjacent area. You can do both treatments safely in experienced hands.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm injections are usually deeper but....

+1

Electrolysis is working on the hair follicles by producing heat which destroys the hairfollicles. Although Juviderm is injected in a layer that is usually deeper than the hair follicles, there still may be heat transmitted to the areas that Juvederm is placed. This could increase inflammation in the area and increase the rate of absorption of Juvederm.

I would wait till the Electrolysis is completed befoe injection Juvederm.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon