Empty Space After Juvederm, Will it Even Itself Out? (photo)

I had one syringe injected in my lips over a week ago and now if feels like I have an empty space in my upper right side of my lip (see picture). Will this even out itself or will I need to have more injected to even it out. I also have tiny white bumps in the same spot? Why is this?

Uneven Juvederm injection

+2

Both Juvederm and Restylane come in smaller, "touch up sized syringes that are perfect for this problem. Wait one more week to be sure it is not due to swelling and then go back to your injecting physician for this simple treatment. It is not likely to improve at this point but better to give it a little longer just in case.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Empty space after juvederm

+2

Looks like the easiest way to fix this would be a tiny touch up. Go see your doctor and you should be happy with this. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Incomplete Juvederm Lip Treatment

+1

It is hard to tell from the computer resolution photograph just how noticeable your deformity may be. I would wait 1-2 weeks to allow all swelling to subside and then have your doctor examine you and decide if a correction is needed and if so how much more Juvederm is required. Consider ths. It is always better to have to add a little more volume to get a great result than be in the position of overfilled "Duck Lips" requiring filler removal which is never easy. 

Empty Space after Juvederm Injection Upper Lip

+1

Although you are 1 week post injection massage may be helpful. Schedule an appointment with your physician for a small injection to fill the deficiency.

Filler in lips

+1

If you feel that some parts ofyour lips have not received adeaue treatment, then you can always inject more.

Correction of lip asymmetries after Juvederm

+1

you will need a touch up.  it will take a long time for it to even out on its own.  The other option is to numb up your lip in the doctors office and aggressively massage it to even it out (sometimes you can still do this at a week.  Part of the problem is that there is not enough volume in the lip proper.  Most of the filler appearsto be at the lip border (the white roll and the cheek lip junction).  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Juvederm

+1

make sure u follow the instructions for your resp after service which addresses this , or call and get them or call the mfg for them

Micki Ly, MD
Maui Dermatologic Surgeon