How Long Does Juvederm Ultra Plus Last in Lips?

About how long does Juvederm ultra plus last in lips?

Restylane is the only FDA approved filler for the lips...

+2

In my practice we’ve gotten away from using Juvederm Ultra Plus in the lips. It tends to have a higher incidence of clumping and other irregularities when used in the lips compared to a product such as Restylane. Restylane is now the only hyaluronic acid filler available which is FDA approved for use in the lips. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Jeuvederm Lip Augmentation

+1

The length of time that Jeuvederm lasts depends on a number of factors such as location it is placed, the technique, type of Jeuvederm (e.g. Jeuvederm vs Jeuvederm Plus vs Jeuvederm Ultra) and other factors such as underlying medical conditions. For example when placed in muscle for lip augmentation (an off label FDA usage) it does not last as long perhaps 6-8 months. In the cheeks it usually lasts for 6-12 months

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

+1

This filler is a bit thick and not recommended for Lip Augmentation.  Using Juvederm or Restylane is fine in the lips and will last about 9 months.  If you want a longer lasting Lip Augmentation, consider Alloderm Lip Implants that last about 7 years providing soft, supple lips.  Be sure the MD you choose for Lip Augmentation understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and lip) beauty for the creation of  balanced, properly-proportioned, beautiful lips.  

Juvederm Ultra Plus lip longevity

+1

In my experience, the results of lip augmentation with Juvederm Ultra Plus range from 9 months to two years.  Good luck!

Lesley Clark-Loeser, MD
Hollywood Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus

+1

I agree that it does vary from patient to patient. In my experience with patients Juvederm Ultra Plus usually lasts anywhere from 9 months to a year and that also depends on how much you inject into that location.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How long does Juvederm last

+1

Although it is commonly said that hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane should last up to one year, I have many patients that have had lasting results for many years. My web site has before, one year, and three year follow up pictures of my wife's lips who's Restylane injections lasted for three to four years before she needed a touch-up. The video link below shows me injecting my wife’s lips with Restylane!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Juverderm in lips

+1

The staying power is very variable. I tell my patients 6-12 months. I do think that ultra plus lasts longer than ultra.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Juvederm Works Well For Lip Enhancement

+1

I would agree that Juvederm lasts 6-12 months when used for lip enhancement. I also think that Juvederm Ultra Plus produces fuller lips and lasts longer than Juvederm Ultra when used for lip enhancement. Compared with other hyaluronic acid fillers, Juvederm does exhibit nice staying power in the lips. The result of subsequent injections seems to be cumulative in some respect. Patients who have had two or three treatments (which have not necessarily been closely spaced) often see prolonged / progressive results that may last 18-24 months without the need for additional fill.

Juvederm is my choice for lip enhancement. Juvederm Ultra is probably a bit easier to work with and provides a more natural result, when compared to Ultra Plus which tends to provide more (excessive) volume when used in the lips.

Best wishes. Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm Ultra Plus in the lips

+1

A lot longer than Ultra. In the lips Ultra Plus lasts 12 months or more. I have a patient whose lips are still augmented nicely after 2 years.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

How long does Juvederm last

+1

According to Allergan and their FDA approval, Juvederm Ultra Plus can last up to 12 months for patients to receive Juvederm then return to full baseline (meaning no Juvederm is present anymore). In my experience, the lips tend to have a bit shorter lifespan than others areas with less movement, so I usually tell patients the range is 6-12 months. However, if you want it to last longer and look better, I recommend patients get another treatment about 6-8 months after their initial treatment, so they don't return to full baseline and have to start all over again.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD