Can Any of the Fillers Be Used for Forehead Lines or Crows Feet?

Injectable Fillers work better for forehead lines than crow's feet.

+1

There are many patients that prefer a more permanent solution to facial wrinkles than Botox treatments. Deep forehead wrinkles may be softened with Injectable Fillers. I have not had great success filling crow's feet. This is likely because the eyelid skin is too thin.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4247

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, but you need use Botox as well

+1

When I treat a patient with strong crow's feet lines and forehead lines I advise them to use Botox first as this will relax and the muscles and soften the lines. I will often add some Restylane or Juvederm ultra or possibly Evolence(until it is gone) under the deepest creases using a very small (32 gauge needle). This works well as a combination treatment. I would not just put filler into those lines without first using Botox as it would quickly degraded by the active muscle motion. Hope this helps.

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for Crows feet

+1

As Dr. Pearlman pointed out, using fillers for crows feet is not a very rewarding procedure because of the lack of skin thickness in this area. However, the secondary reason is that these lines are primarily causes by tonic and dynamic muscle activity. This also applies to lines in the forehead. The forehead also contains what are described as end arterioles. There is a small but real chance that some of these vessels could be occluded by a filler and lead to skin slough (the forehead has a small but higher incidence of this occurrence than other areas of the face).

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lines and fillers

+1

Botox or dysport are great for forehead lines. If there are lines that are 'etched in,: you can have them filled very carefully to soften the lines.

Fillers have been used for forehead lines and crows feet but have been replaced by Botox

+1

The skin in the forehead and around the crow's feet area is thin, with little room for fillers to plump lines. Collagen was used to fill forehead lines and crows feet long before we had Botox. Unfortunately because the skin is so thin and there is little "give" underneath patients frequently got lumps and bumps, so we rarely used fillers in these areas. Now, with Botox and Dysport to relax the muscles causing these lines fillers are never used except sometimes in the glabella (frown lines) when Botox isn't enough.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_botox.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.