Had 2 Vials of Sculptra Injected Thus Far and Hate It

How I Look. How Long Will It Last?

Result After Two Vials

+2

The effects of Sculptra take a minimum of 4-6 weeks to manifest.  After this time frame, results from Sculptra last about 2 years. I would advise that you discuss your situation with your Doctor and pinpoint what else, if anything is to be done.  It is not unusual to inject two vials in 1 session in my practice.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptura according to the manufacturer lasts aproximately 2 years.

+2

Sculptura stimulates collagen and is known as a collagen stimulator.   You should notice a diminishing of the sculptura effect after about  6 months and it should continue to go away with each passing month. The only caveat is if you have gotten tiny sculptura bumps-these can take longer to go away. 

Good Luck.

Dr. Sikorski

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Hate the Sculptra results?

+1

There is no substitute for providing before and after treatment photos.  It would also be helpful to learn what it is that you hate about the Sculptra results.  But certainly, it is not unusual to use two vials at the time of the initial treatment.  I hope that things will improve for you.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Sculptra

+1

Sculptra has been demonstrated to last at least 2 years. The question is how long ago was it injected and what do you not like about the result?

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra lasts approximately 2 years

+1

What Sculptra does best is stimulate your own collagen production.  How long has it been since the last injection and how many injections have you had.

There is some initial swelling after the procedure which settles down after a few days.

Two vials is not unreasonable for someone with a moderate amount of soft tissue loss.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Issues

+1

You need to ask your doctor.  Injecting 2  vials is a lot.  I would inject one vial at a time to see what happens if i had no real experience using the product.

James Apesos, MD
Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra for facial volume

+1
Sculptra may cause swelling which may look different from your eventual look as new collagen is produced. If it has been a while since you had the decond treatment it may take more than a year to even two years to fade. Depending on what you don't like it may be improved by injecting other fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm to make things look smooth and balanced. There is an art when injecting Sculptra and is not as simple as just injecting the Sculptra into the entire cheek or face.

Ronald Shelton, MD