Age Limit for Sculptra?

I Am 68 Years of Age Can I Still Use Sculptura?

Sculptra

+1

Yes, Sculptra can still be used.  I would encourage you to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation to see how much Sculptra would be needed. 

Never too old to look younger

+1

You will never be too old to look younger and what a good opportunity to replace lost volume with sculptra. I would not hesitate to use this and have used in many seniors. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Sculptra is Great for Elderly Patients

+1

I have treated many patients over 80 years old using Sculptra with excellent results. Sculptra has given physicians and patients a new dimension in facial contouring by revolumizing the aging face through a minimally invasive approach. Sculptra injections are well-tolerated by patients. They have a low incidence of side effects and results in high patient satisfaction. Elderly patients may require more treatment sessions, on average, that the younger patient but with patience and repeated treatments, excellent results can be achieved.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra and age limits

+1

While there is no true age limits for Sculptra, from my professional experience, I have found that younger the patient going through Sculptra injection, less vials, and less treatment injections may be needed vs. someone who is much more mature with more significantly deflated complexion where much greater volume replenishment and additional injection treatment sessions may be required. This has to do with the fact that there has to be a relatively healthy mechanism of collagen production for Sculptra PLLA to work effectively. I have found for patients in their 70's and older, Radiesse may be more appropriate and gratifying for cheek augmentation and volume replenishment as there will be less dependence of the innate collagen production capacity.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Age and Sculptra

+1

Since Sculptra helps replace lost facial volume it can be used early in the course of aging and can be used in patients who are further along in the aging process. The number of treatments needed is different for everyone depending on how much volume their face has lost and how they respond to the treatments. It can also be used in patients who have undergone face lifts or other facial surgeries without interfering with the results of the surgeries and can enhance the result from surgery.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Age for Sculptra

+1

Whether or not Sculptra should be used is more related to the aging changes present than the chronological age of the patient.  Sculptra can produce very nice results in a 68 year old patient in situations of facial volume loss and realistic expectations.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can be used in patients over 65

+1

Sculptra can be used in adult patients at almost any age, assuming they are appropriate candidates.  The clinical trials for FDA approval only included patients to age 65, but it is an excellent choice even if you are older.  Best of oluck.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

Sculptra at any age

+1

In the clinical trials to get Sculptra Aesthetic cleared for marketing in the US, the average subject age was 51 years old.  The cutoff age for clinical trials is typically 65 but that does not mean that a product is not effective for patients 65 and older.  We have had patients with excellent results who are in their 70s.  The youngest patients are usually in their 30s.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

No Age limit for Sculptra

+1

You need not be concerned that you are "too old" for Scultpra. Having used the product for nearly a decade abroad and now in the usa, I can tell you that scores of patient I have treated in their 80s do just fine. Enjoy

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

68 years young

+1

Sculptra really has no age restriction on it.  The material relies on the body's ability to build collagen in response to its particles.  As we age, our ability to make collagen diminishes, so you might require more treatments than a 40 year old.  However, you are still a candidate for Sculptra if your face has lost significant tissue volume.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD