Massage to Get Rid of Sculptra?

Had Sculptra 6month Age Want It Gone.If I Massage Often Will This Help?

Massage and Sculptra

+1
Massage is important immediately after Sculptra injected for the first five days.  Six months after Sculptra is injected I would not expect any change.

No, massage will NOT get rid of Sculptra

+1

No, massage will NOT get rid of Sculptra.  However it will go away on its own over time, so just be patient.  I suggest going back to the doctor who did the injectons, perhaps there is something they can do do improve your satisfaction.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Massage and Sculptra

+1

While vigorous massaging is critical part of immediate post-op injection of Sculptra to minimize nodularity and to facilitate the molding process, massaging at 6 months after Sculptra is not likely to do much because the PLLA is long gone by then and what you have is stimulated collagen production. Tincture of time is your best bet. The key is to have the Sculptra be injected by an experienced aesthetic physician injector in the first place.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Massage

+1

It is difficult to say whether massage will be beneficial or not. Sculptra induces collagen deposition in the tissues and whenever a plastic surgeon has excess scar tissue (collagen), we recommend massage. I am not sure if it will help but it certainly will not hurt.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Massaging after Sculptra

+1

I doubt that excessive massage will make your Sculptra's effect go away this long after your treatment (or even if it were done shortly after the injections). Your body has developed more collagen as a response to the treatment. Depending on what you don't like about your treatment, your doctor may be able to revise the appearance by performing some procedure, but as all procedures have risk, make sure you discuss this thoroughly with your doctor.

Ronald Shelton, MD

No it will not

+1

Massage does not make Sculptra go away. Time will do that. In fact, in most people, the Sculptra PLLA itself is gone in a few months, and only the newly generated collagen remains.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Massage at six months is not likely to change the effect of Sculptra

+1

I train for Sculptra and would like to try to help you.

You did not mention the why or where??

• Where is it positioned?
  • Why do you want it "gone"

with some more information, I might be able to help you

Photos are especially helpful.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon