How Will Vaser Lipo Affect My Tattoos?

I have a large amount of tattoos and they are not small. They are both my sides and all around my upper thighs. i want to know if i get vaser in those areas will they change, be disfigured or will anything happen?

Vaser Lipo Effect on Tattoos

+1
Because the Vaser leaves elastic skin tissues intact, the skin retracts like shrink wrap over the top of the new muscle contours. This gives superior definition to the contours the surgeon has just created, for tighter, more attractive results. Therefore, your tattoos should not be affected. I would speak with your surgeon directly, have them examine the tattoos in relation to your treatment, and determine whether they will be affected to ensure you will be happy with your results. Best of luck.

Skin contraction may affect look of tattoos

+1

Without good clinical pictures it is difficult to provide relevant comments; however, with any liposuction, there is a possibility of skin contraction and even irregularity which will like alter the appearance of the tattoos. This is not specific to VASER. Also, the location of incisions can affect the appearance of tattoos.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon