How Long Should I Wear my Neck Compression Garment After Vaser Lipo?

I'm going to get Vaser Liposuction to 7 areas, including my neck. I am just conscious about the neck compression garments, because those are the ones everyone will see and I will have to return to work after 4 days from surgery. How long should I wear the compression garment on my neck? Ive heard 36 hrs, 1 week, 2 weeks, & I've heard that the garment is no longer necessary after drainage is complete. I just wanted to get an answer. I get surgery on Monday and return to work later Friday.

Returning to work too quickly

+2

It is unreasonable to expect to have "seven" areas of liposuction treatment and return to work in 4 days. You need to give your body time to heal. In my practice, there is a mandatory 7 days off work during which time you return to our office for daily post-lipo care. You need to drain and heal. The neck treated with VASER will often take longer to heal and fully recover with no visible swelling or bruising. Frequently, the neck take 10-14 days to heal. The compression will not speed up this process.  I would advise having this discussion with your surgeon with whom you've had a personal consultation and discussion of realistic expectations of outcome and recovery course.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you've already booked a procedure these questions would be best directed to the plastic surgeon you've chosen to perform the surgery. I will typically tell patients to wear a neck or chin compression garment 24/7 for the first week and every evening for the next 3-4 weeks. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon