Can the VBeam Improve Skin Texture?

Is the VBeam laser treatment good for improving skin texture?

Pulsed dye laser on the skin in Los Angeles

+1

In my office, we prefer other types of fractional laser to improve surface texture. The pulsed dye laser can help with redness of the skin.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/49/vbeam-pulsed-dye-laser.aspx

VBeam best for redness but can improve skin texture

+1

VBeam laser treatments are best for treating red lesions (broken blood vessels, scars, rosacea).  But a nice side effect of treatment is improvement in skin texture.  If you want to specifically target textural irregularities on your skin, fraxel or fractionated CO2 lasers would be more effective.

Fairfax Dermatologic Surgeon

V-beam and skin texture

+1

V-beam does not improve the texture of the skin directly. It does make slightly red wrinkles and lines look better. But v-beam is best used for redness and flushing of the skin.

Vbeam absolutely helps the texture of the skin

+1

I have been using this laser for ten years and I definitely see textural improvement from this laser. Scars and wrinkles all have a reddish component that the laser acts on and helps diminish. 

VBeam will not improve skin texture much, works best for treating redness

+1

The VBeam will not improve your skin texture that much. The VBeam is best for treating redness from rosacea and broken capillaries on the face. It also works well for:

• Vericose veins on the legs
  • Thick red scars 
  • Some warts.

V Beam and Texture

+1

The V Beam laser targets blood vessels and things that are red.  There can be some non specific heating of the dermal layer of the skin that in some patients will result in collagen production.  This has been referred as "non ablative resurfacing".  Some people will see textural improvement with V Beam treatments.  There are other lasers better suited to specifically improve skin texture.

Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Vbeam great for skin texture

+1

The Vbeam pulsed dye laser is primarily used to treat red things - scars, redness on the face, neck and chest, red birthmarks, rosacea, veins. Skin improvement is often noted after treatment with the VBeam laser and is a very favorable consequence. I sometimes use the Vbeam for the texture effects alone - including my own skin! I call this the Vbeam "facial" or "laser facial" and the benefits can be significant. Usually a minimum of 3 treatments are needed initially to see the skin smoothing effects. I do not use the Vbeam for the treatment of deep wrinkles or significant texture issues, but it is great for most patients.

Charlotte Dermatologist