Treatment for V Beam Bruises?

I have very obvious bruising from the V Beam treatment I had on 5/8/09- looks like chicken pox on my nose & inner cheek area. When can I expect to see improvement?

Bruising is a potential side effect of the Vbeam

+1

The Vbeam can be adjusted with different settings to usually defer having a bruise. When bruising occurs it just takes time to resolve. Your reaction, however, will probably provide quicker results than the typical non bruising settings. Most people want to avoid bruising but it will go away and hopefully help your condition with fewer treatments

Bruising after VBeam

+1
Bruising is a common potential side effect after VBeam, though can be minimized in future treatments by altering the laser settings. Once you have bruises, there's not much you can do in my opinion except for allowing them to go away on their own, typically on the face in about 10 days. If it's any consolation, some people feel that bruising is associated with a better response to treatment.

Daniel Berg, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Bruises from V-Beam

+1

Believe it or not, we actually use the same laser (Cynosure V-Star) to treat the resulting bruising from the original Cynosure laser treatments. For example, when we bruise a patient (purposefully) to treat Rosacea, we have the patient come in 2 days later when the bruising has taken full effect. We then use a lower fluence (lower energy) treatment to remove the original bruises in less then 3 days after the second treatment.

If you are not getting a second laser treatment, then the bruising will most likely resolve in 7-10 days.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

V Beam Bruises

+1

V Beam bruises can be improved by taking supplements to reduce bruising. I use BruisePak pills and BruiseStick ointment. These products, among others, will reduce the ecchymoses associated with the laser.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS