Could You Use Latisse for Growing Eyebrows As Well?

Latisse for Eyebrows

Latisse is only FDA approved for use on the upper eyelids. However, that does not mean it does not work on the lower eyelids or eyebrows. I have seen the results of both areas treated and it is impressive. Just know that your doctor probably won't "recommend" it because it is not approved. I keep waiting for one of my male patients to use it on his bald spot, but I have'nt seen that yet! Maybe they should sell it by the pint?

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Latisse eyelash enhancer for eyebrows

Latisse is indicated for eyelid hypotrichosis, but a growing number of patients have seen successful results with application to the eyebrows. Although this is not FDA approved, the use on the eyebrows is off-label.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Latisse for eyebrows

Thanks for your question -

There are numerous reports of people using Latisse on the eyebrows with success.  It has not been looked at by the FDA and there really isn't any data about #1 whether this works and #2 whether it is safe.

Latisse for eyebrows

Latisse is only FDA approved for the eyelashes, however there are reports that it can achieve an improvement for brows as well.

Eyebrows

Although eyebrow growth is not the intended use, i have a lot of patients who have experienced positive results when Latisse is applied to thei eyebrows.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Latisse use for the brows

Thank you for your question regarding the use of Latisse on the brows.   The FDA has approved Latisse for use on the upper lashes for hypotrichosis (thinning lashes).   It is very safe and effective.   We have seen some very nice results with patients who are using Latisse on their eyebrows in addition to their lashes.   Though this is an off-label application, patients are doing it very successfully.   I would recommend if you are choosing to do this you use the applicator on the lashes first and then apply the Latisse to the eyebrows.

Latisse and Eyebrows

Yes. Latisse is only FDA approved on the upper lash. But I have had patients us on their eyebrows with good success. Keep in mind it may also make the hairs grow longer than expected so decrease frequency of use to every other or every third day… or you could also pluck unwanted hairs. Only a small amount of Latisse is generally needed. Tip: after applying to each eyelid, use any remaining Latisse on eyebrows.

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse for the Eyebrows

Latisse is FDA approved for eyelash growth. Anytime a physician prescribes a medication outside of it's intended use, it's called an 'off label' use.

Latisse for the eyebrows is an off label use of the drug. 

That said, Latisse can certainly work well to stimulate eyebrow growth in some patients. It has helped hundreds of my patients improve their eyebrow density. Even in small amounts (i.e. whatever small amount is left over after applying to the eyelid) can help.

Formal studies are needed but for now Latisse is a good option for eyebrow thinning. There is no formally approved treatment on the planet for eyebrows  - but there needs to be ..... as eyebrow thinning is a common and distressing problem. 

Latisse works for eyebrows

Although it is currently FDA approved for treating eyelashes, many people have reported success in treating over-plucked or thinning eyebrows.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse can work on the eyebrows too but it is considered "off-label"

Although it is not FDA approved for this purpose, many patients have had great results when using Latisse to regrow lost or overplucked hair on their eyebrows.  

Lynn Chiu-Collins, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon