Could You Use Latisse for Growing Eyebrows As Well?

Latisse for Eyebrows

+3

Latisse is only FDA approved for use on the upper eyelids. However, that does not mean it does not work on the lower eyelids or eyebrows. I have seen the results of both areas treated and it is impressive. Just know that your doctor probably won't "recommend" it because it is not approved. I keep waiting for one of my male patients to use it on his bald spot, but I have'nt seen that yet! Maybe they should sell it by the pint?

Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Eyebrows

+2

Although eyebrow growth is not the intended use, i have a lot of patients who have experienced positive results when Latisse is applied to thei eyebrows.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Latisse and use on eyebrows

+2
As many of the physicians have stated Latisse is only FDA approved for use on eyelash hypotrichosis, which is another name for having inadequate lashes. With this said I have many patients in my practice who have found it to work quite well on their eyebrows. One of my clients who is the most esteemed eyebrow shapers in Newport Beach has also told me that she has seen exceptional results with many of her clients that have used it off label in this area.

Michael Elam, MD

Latisse for eyebrows

+2

Although treating eyebrows with Latisse is not FDA approved, we have had patients report positive results from using it in this area. What we do not know yet is if these patients will see darkening of the skin in this area over time.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Latisse eyelash enhancer for eyebrows

+2

Latisse is indicated for eyelid hypotrichosis, but a growing number of patients have seen successful results with application to the eyebrows. Although this is not FDA approved, the use on the eyebrows is off-label.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Latisse for eyebrows

+2

Thanks for your question -

There are numerous reports of people using Latisse on the eyebrows with success.  It has not been looked at by the FDA and there really isn't any data about #1 whether this works and #2 whether it is safe.

Steven H. Williams, MD

Latisse works for eyebrows

+1

Although it is currently FDA approved for treating eyelashes, many people have reported success in treating over-plucked or thinning eyebrows.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse can work on the eyebrows too but it is considered "off-label"

+1

Although it is not FDA approved for this purpose, many patients have had great results when using Latisse to regrow lost or overplucked hair on their eyebrows.  

Lynn Chiu-Collins, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Latisse not FDA approved for use on Eyebrows

+1

Latisse is only FDA approved for use on the upper eyelids.  It is possible that Latisse could increase hair growth on the eyebrows, but its safety and effectiveness on the eyebrows has not been documented.  I would discuss this with your doctor prior to usage.  I hope this helps!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Could You Use Latisse for Growing Eyebrows As Well

+1

Although Latisse is good for growing eyelashes it will increase hair growth in any hair bearing area that it comes in contact with.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD