What to Do for Upper Lip Smile Line?

I noticed this a few years ago and it drives me crazy. When I smile, now I have a smile line on the skin above my upper lip. I don't know what that area is called, between the lip and nose. But the line is in the shape of a smile, like having a smile above your smile. I have stopped smiling. What can I do about getting rid of it? What causes it? Loss of tissue, volume? Musles? thanks

Smile line on lip

+1

Sometimes these smile lines can be treated with Botox or dysport to relax them a bit.  These are due  to muscle in the upper lip that over time leave etching in the skin.

Upper lip smile crease

+1

The horizontal upper lip crease is cause by the contraction of muscles that lie between the upper lip and the nose in a vertical and vertical oblique direction (specifically the depressor septi nasae). The surgical treatment is dividing those muscles via an incision inside the nose. Some surgeons will insert a small soft piece of cartilage to prevent the muscle edges from reconnecting. I would advise against botox for this because the risk of affecting other lip muscles and thereby distorting your smile.