Tear Trough Filler Changed the Shape of my Eyes

I had my tear troughs filled in, being Middle Eastern, I had naturally deep set eyes, but now I am puffy on my lower eyelid and my eyes look shallow and small, it looks like my cheeks start right under my lower lash line . I am unhappy as I never had sunken eyes to begin with, rather it was my midface that has sunken in and flattened (due to weight loss), now my under eyes are 'swollen' and I'm really not pleased with the look. It's been 8 months and it's still puffy. I'm 25. What can I do?

Puffiness after filler below the eyes

+2

Hopefully you had hyaluronic acid injected below your eyes.  This can be dissolved with hyaluronidase.  If you had semipermanent or permanent fillers, your problem will be more difficult to treat.

There is a little know syndrome of edema below the lower eyelids caused by some hyaluronic acid fillers that is refractory to hyaluronidase, perhaps lymphatic blockage related.  This also eventually gets better but does require experience with treating this type of problem, hyaluronidase treatments and patience.

Full lower eyelids

+1

Puffiness or fullness in the lower eyelid tear trough area can certainly occur after fillers are placed. The fillers alos tend to absorb water and that is what leads to the puffiness.  If the filler was a hyaluronic acid, hyaluronidase can possibly improve your problem but be prepared for a bit more swelling for a few weeks.