Upper Eyelid Hollow? (photo)

My upper eyelid has lost it's fullness. Is there a way to fill it out so that is looks less creased. Below is a picture of a woman who had restyane injected into the hollows of her eyelids. Where can I get this done and how much would it cost.

Upper Eyelid Hollow May Be Aponeurotic Ptosis See An Expert

+4

Thank you for your question.  The left sided picture that you sent showing a hollow upper eyelid looks to me like you may have a form of ptosis of the eyelid caused by disinsertion of the Levator  Aponeurosis.

The levator  muscle is the muscle that opens your upper eyelids and occasionally the muscle pulls away from or "disinserts" from the portion of the eyelid that lifts or opens the eyes.  This is a common condition and nothing to be alarmed about.  However this condition does thin the eyelid and in my opinion injecting anything such as a filler like Restylane or fat is risky because inserting a needle in this area could cause further disruption of this important lid elevating structure.

I strongly suggest that you consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in eyelid surgery or an Oculoplastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.

Reattaching the levator muscle to the lifting mechanism of the eyelid is a straightforward and simple procedure if performed by an expert.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-eyelid-rejuvenation-laser-blepharoplasty/

Upper Eyelid Hollows Respond Well To Belotero Balance

+1

Upper eyelid hollows respond well to the injection of volumizing fillers, such as Belotero Balance. Belotero Balance, a hyaluronic acid based filler,has the advantage, due to certain unique aspects in the product's manufacture, to allow it to be injected even in thin areas around the eyes with little concern for the development of a bluish discoloration of the skin seen with other hyaluronic acid injectables that may occur as a result of light scattering. Although I prefer Belotero for this purpose, Restylane L and Juvederm UltraPlus XC have likewise been used successfully for this purpose. The cost will vary according to which material is used and the precise amount injected.

In the hands of an experienced injector, the replacement of volume in this region fills out the hollowed area restoring more aesthetic proportions between the upper eyelid and the lower portion of the brow.  If desired, a test injection of a small volume of salt solution may be used to give an approximate idea of what the final result might look like following actual treatment. Treating areas around the eyes should only be performed by physicians with considerable experience in injecting this location.

Improving upper eyelid hollows with injectable volumizers seldom takes more than five minutes per side.

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Eye #blepharoplasty #eyelid surgery eyelid injections

+1

Dear AsianPersuasion

Thank you for your question!  The cost of this procedure will vary- However this is a procedure that should be done by a very qualified injector with an eye for aesthetic contouring and facial shaping.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Fat for hollow upper eyelids

+1
The area between the brow and the upper eyelid crease is full of subcutaneous fat in most young people, and that fullness looks youthful.   I refer to this area as the "brow-upper lid junction," and I add fat to make it fuller in the majority of patients for who I perform eye-area rejuvenation surgery.  Take a look at the eyes of fashion models in advertisements: in most cases you actually see little to none of the upper lid.  What you see is a youthful soft tissue fullness that extends from the brow to the upper lid lashes.
As we age, this fatty fullness atrophies and the brow-upper lid junction gradually becomes hollow.  The outline of the bony structures below the brow (the superior orbital rim) becomes visible, and one begins to look older, sometimes even ill, and in advanced stages even skeletal.  In some patients that I treat this appearance is inherited and they have a hollow look at their brow-upper lid junction at a young age.  Whether it is something that was always present, something that has developed with aging, or the result of an overly-aggressive upper blepharoplasty, fat grafting of the brow-upper lid junction can rejuvenate the eye area in a manner that is simply impossible by means of standard blepharoplasty techniques.  It does not look like ‘surgery’, and patients for whom I perform this procedure return to say that their friends and acquaintances think they look great, but they can’t quite put their finger on why.
A word of caution: this is a delicate surgery that requires a fair amount of experience with fat grafting, and meticulous surgical technique.  In experienced hands a smooth, youthful and aesthetically ideal brow-upper lid contour can be achieved.  Make sure your surgeon can show you numerous photographic examples of brow-upper lid junction fat grafting.
The link to my website below shows many images of before and after fat grafting to the eyelids 

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/gallery/fatgraft1.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Filling Upper Eyelid Hollow

+1

I have filled this upper eyelid hollow utilizing either fat grafting or Restylane.  Since this is a pretty static part of the face Restylane can last quite a while in this area.  

Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper Eyelid Hollow?

+1

Restylane is a very temporary filler I recommend fat grafts after Dr Coleman's techniques of micro droplets. 

Upper eyelids hollow

+1

Yes, sometimes filler can be placed to provide some more fill to the upper eyelid and improve the appearance.

Restylane to fill the hollow upper lids.

+1

I have been performing Restylane injections to the upper lids for several years now.  It is one of the most gratifying treatments for this area.  It is fast to undergo with minimal swelling and bruising.  The cost runs around $600 and lasts about 1 year.

Upper Eyelid Hollow can be fixed with either Filler or Surgical Fat Repositioning

+1

You can have Filler ( restylane, juvederm, esthelis) injected to reduce eyelid hollows. This is effective and lasts 12 months. If you are after a permanent option, sliding some fat across and repositioning it to fill the hollow is a surgical solution. Ultimately it is a personal choice. You should consult with a Plastic Surgeon who is comfortable to offer both options.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafts Would Be Better

+1

Thanks for the pictures.  I see your concern.  I would not recommend Restylane in that area.  Fat grafting over time may give you some correction..  Seek consultation from BC plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons.

Dr Es

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.