Why Are my Eyelids Uneven? Why is One Eye Crease Deeper Than the Other? What Can I Do? (photo)

My asymmetrical eyelids have been bothering me for as long as I can remember. My right eye's crease is literally deeper than my left's causing my right eyelid to have a more bulging effect. This also makes my right eye appear very circular and round, as my left remains a bit more almond-shaped. I very much prefer my left eye, which looks more balanced and less bulgy. This imbalance is very bothersome and makes me feel distorted. What procedures, if any, can balance out the look of my eyes?

Eyelid crease asymmetry

+1

You have facial/eyelid asymmetry along with right upper eyelid ptosis (droopiness). There are surgical and nonsurgical options available to improve your eyelid asymmetry. See an oculoplastic surgeon for proper evaluation.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Eyelids and Surgery

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. First, the body is always somewhat asymmetric. There are subtle differences between sides (height of the ears, straightness of the teeth, etc.). That said, significant or obvious asymmetries in the eyelids (crease height, depth, etc.) can be addressed surgically. In your case, this would likely involve only a limited skin excision upper blepharoplasty. Best of luck moving forward! 

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

You have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis.

+1

The right side is worse than the other accounting for the asymmetry.  Surgery can correct this.  However, you need a very detailed assessment to determine the best surgical approach.  More than one type of ptosis surgery exists.  Also you have lash ptosis so some type of anchor blepharoplasty is needed to support the eye lashes.  I recommend you find an anesthetically oriented oculoplastic surgeon for this work.