Upper Arm Liposuction

Hi, I interetested in doing a upper arm liposuction ,as my arms are way heavier than rest of my body and make me look huger, please help me by advising me if I should go for lipo and what kind as i tried everything but have not been able to loose from my arms and also approximately how much it will cost thanks

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Arm liposuction

+3

Liposuction of the upper arms works well if you have good skin tone with little excess skin or stretch marks. The skin on the inner arm is very delicate so you want to be sure the liposuction is not done too aggressively.

Washington Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction ( Ultrasonic) for ARM LIPOSUCTION works great.

+5

I have found that Vaser Ultrasonic ;liposuction is perfect for arm liposuction.  You can  also get a fine result with just simple small cannula tumescent liposuction but the vaser is a bit better for helping the skin shrink in some cases.  For years we were a little timid in the arm area but that has all changed.  The arms do well.  Wear an arm garment for 10 days,  Full activity by 14 days.. Full recovery to no soreness takes 3 to 4 months but remember wound healing takes 12 months for any surgery.  Do your arms with confidence.  This is an easy way to dip your toe in the liposuction water.  Get 3 opinions from ABPS - FACS surgeons.  Do your homework. Live forward.  Dr Commons

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Upper Arm Liposuction

+2

From you photo, you appear to be a good candidate for arm liposuction.  The expertise of the surgeon is primary, and the type of liposuction is secondary.  All techniques are good, if performed by an excellent surgeon.  GOod luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the arms

+2

Liposuction of the arms may be beneficial for you, and I do not think that any one specific technique is really better than the other. It is always dependent on the skill of the surgeon.

Liposuction of arms

+2

It does appear that your are a candidate for liposuction of the upper arms.  Though there are many forms of lipo (IE laser) they all work in a similar fashion and all should give you a good result.  Awake tumescent liposuction of the upper arms is a quick and safe procedure and it what we usually recommend for liposuction of limited areas.

Web reference: http://www.sacs-sa.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Upper Arm Liposuction

+2

Although it is very difficult to tell from your photographs, it looks like you should be able to have an improvement in the size and the shape of your arms through liposuction alone.  Only through an in-person consultation can one appreciate your skin quality and whether you would need to have skin removed. This surgery can be done with sedation and local anesthetic to limit the cost and normally an affordable procedure.

Contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Liposuction of Arms

+1
Liposuction can be very effective when performed on the upper under arms.  You appear to be a good candidate.  I would recommend tumescent liposuction for the best results.  A normal price range would be around 3500.00 depending on the individual patient.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Arm Liposuctioning Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is hard to know whether you are a good candidate for liposuction surgery of the upper arms without direct examination.

Generally, the “Ideal” liposuction patient candidates present with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue collection,  with overlying skin that demonstrates adequate elasticity ( to “bounce back” after the adipose tissue has been removed).

Furthermore, good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure. 

I would suggest in-person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

Liposuction of upper arms

+1

You will probably benefit by upper arm liposuction as there is an abundance of fat in the tricpes.  Some or most if not all the skin may contract and give you a wonderful result, but realize that some people have inelastic skin that does not retract and the fat may be diminished but the skin may hang.  If this is the case, then an arm lift is in order but unfortunately, this means that there will be a large, and possibly, unsightly scar.  Lipousction and Thermage may be helpful to decrease the need of an arm lift.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Lipo upper arms

+1

I suspect there will be extra skin and though you are young it may contract somewhat but I would do lipo and if the skin is too much you can always do a skin reduction but if you start out that way and get bad scars they are yours forever.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon