Upper Arm Liposuction

Hi, I interetested in doing a upper arm liposuction ,as my arms are way heavier than rest of my body and make me look huger, please help me by advising me if I should go for lipo and what kind as i tried everything but have not been able to loose from my arms and also approximately how much it will cost thanks

Vaser Liposuction ( Ultrasonic) for ARM LIPOSUCTION works great.

+5

I have found that Vaser Ultrasonic ;liposuction is perfect for arm liposuction.  You can  also get a fine result with just simple small cannula tumescent liposuction but the vaser is a bit better for helping the skin shrink in some cases.  For years we were a little timid in the arm area but that has all changed.  The arms do well.  Wear an arm garment for 10 days,  Full activity by 14 days.. Full recovery to no soreness takes 3 to 4 months but remember wound healing takes 12 months for any surgery.  Do your arms with confidence.  This is an easy way to dip your toe in the liposuction water.  Get 3 opinions from ABPS - FACS surgeons.  Do your homework. Live forward.  Dr Commons

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Upper Arm Liposuction

+2

From you photo, you appear to be a good candidate for arm liposuction.  The expertise of the surgeon is primary, and the type of liposuction is secondary.  All techniques are good, if performed by an excellent surgeon.  GOod luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the arms

+2

Liposuction of the arms may be beneficial for you, and I do not think that any one specific technique is really better than the other. It is always dependent on the skill of the surgeon.

Liposuction of arms

+2

It does appear that your are a candidate for liposuction of the upper arms.  Though there are many forms of lipo (IE laser) they all work in a similar fashion and all should give you a good result.  Awake tumescent liposuction of the upper arms is a quick and safe procedure and it what we usually recommend for liposuction of limited areas.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Upper Arm Liposuction

+2

Although it is very difficult to tell from your photographs, it looks like you should be able to have an improvement in the size and the shape of your arms through liposuction alone.  Only through an in-person consultation can one appreciate your skin quality and whether you would need to have skin removed. This surgery can be done with sedation and local anesthetic to limit the cost and normally an affordable procedure.

Contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Arm Liposuction

+1
Heavy and even moderately droopy arms can be recountoured very effectively with liposuction. Liposuction modifies volume by sucking out fat and because liposuction stimulates the skin to tighten, good elasticity provides a smooth contour after fat is removed. The procedure takes about an hour and there's virtually no scarring. I use several innovative forms of liposuction, including SmartLipo, in order to contour and resculpture the area while providing the most beautiful results with minimal scarring. Liposuction as an outpatient procedure under I.V. sedation can easily reduce the bulge that some people have in their arms.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Liposuction or Brachioplasty for Upper Arm

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to request liposuction of the upper arms. This procedure is often associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction. Unfortunately, the procedure isn’t for everyone and therefore patient selection is important. In cases where skin sag is present, liposuction can actually make the problem worse. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to perform an upper arm brachioplasty.

Although your pictures suggest that liposuction would be beneficial, it’s impossible to say with certainty without performing a physical examination. This exam would evaluate skin laxity and arm fat content. Multiple liposuction techniques are available if this approach proves to be viable. Currently tumescent liposuction represents the gold standard that all other techniques are compared to.

If you’re considering liposuction of the upper arms it’s important to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon. Ultimately, the experience and qualifications of this surgeon are more important than the technique chosen. This surgeon should be able to formulate an appropriate treatment plan for your condition. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of Arms

+1
Liposuction can be very effective when performed on the upper under arms.  You appear to be a good candidate.  I would recommend tumescent liposuction for the best results.  A normal price range would be around 3500.00 depending on the individual patient.

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Arm Liposuctioning Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is hard to know whether you are a good candidate for liposuction surgery of the upper arms without direct examination.

Generally, the “Ideal” liposuction patient candidates present with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue collection,  with overlying skin that demonstrates adequate elasticity ( to “bounce back” after the adipose tissue has been removed).

Furthermore, good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure. 

I would suggest in-person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.