Are Creases Formed by the Post-Op Garment Normal and Will They Go Away?

I had my bra area and love handles done 11 days ago and the areas ive treated are still numbed and creases have formed in a couple of areas, is that normal and if it is how long does it usually take to go away?

Creases in skin from garments

+1

Creases from compression garments after liposuction can be common. They are in most cases temporary and resolve as the edema (swelling) decreases and the healing process progresses.  It is important to make certain that your garment fits well and there are no wrinkles.  In addition, gentle massage in the post operative care period can help with edema reduction and smoothing of any irregularities. Always remember to follow your surgeons recommendations in this regard.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment creases after liposuction

+1

Creases of compression garment causation in the skin tends to be temporary. I have never seen a permanent crease in the skin after swelling resolves, nor heard of this from my colleagues. It may take days to weeks, though, after the garment is not being worn that the creases can go away. If it is an uncomfortable crease, than you may need a better fitting garment. See your surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

I typically see my post op liposuction patients within a couple of days after surgery to evaluate them.  If there are areas where the garment is leaving impressions, then we either change out the garment, or have the patient take it off completely.  I have seen cases where the impression remained even after several months, however this is rare.  Talk to your surgeon.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction garment lines will not stay

+1

Liposuction garments will cause a pressure line just as tight slacks or socks will around the ankle. The lines will not stay though. You can adjust and pad the liposuction garment so that it feels comfortable.

peterejohnsonmd

Liposuction Garment Impressions

+1

I'm assuming your procedure was liposuction, and if that is the case, I would expect the impressions left by your postoperative garments to disappear soon. Occasionally, you may get mild bruising in these areas as well. It should improve within a few weeks and rarely leaves any permanent markings.

Derek Lou, MD

Impressions in skin will disappear.

+1

The  creases you describe are very common after liposuction and will disappear.  They are due to the tissues in the area being swollen, ie having more fluid in the tissues, and the tight garments leave lines where they displace the fluid, like tight socks on your legs.  As the tissues heal, the swelling will disappear and so will the lines.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD