Uneven Results After Coolsculpting?

I had coolsculpting done on my lower abdomen 4 weeks ago. I am happy to say that I can already see and feel that the fat layer has been reduced. However, it isn't as even as I had hoped. The right side of my belly is a bit larger than the left and a little lumpy. Is this normal and can I expect things to even out?

CoolSculpting Results

+2
Thank you for your question. Since you are only 4 weeks post treatment, you are likely still experiencing swelling and side effects of the treatment. You will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment. I would give your body more time to heal and recuperate, as your final results are not evident yet. 

CoolSculpting fat reduction and uneven results

+1

lumpiness after Zeltiq CoolSculpting is not uncommon but is usually felt more readily than seen and is temporary during the inflammatory period for the first few to several months after the procedure as the body starts to degrade the dead fat cells.

Uneveness can occur from a preexisting asymmetry that is not noticed before the procedure, or if there is a scoliosis.There can be a possibility that one side of the body lends itself better to having more of the fat drawn into the applicator during the suction than the other side, and if this occurs, the side with more fat can be treated an additional time.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs

Ronald Shelton, MD

CoolSculpting results

+1

It takes up to four months to see final results from CoolSculpting. perhaps a second treatment to an area adjacent to the uneveness would help smooth things out. I would not advice having another treatment for a minimum of 90 days after most recent treatment of you are experiencing unevenness. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Results with Coolsculpting

+1

Thank you for your question.  I am happy that you see the results with your Coolsculpting procedure.  Because you are only 4 weeks post treatment, I would ask that you wait at least 4-6 more weeks to see if things improve.

Uneven results with Coolsculpting

+1

It is not uncommon to notice asymmetric results with Coolsculpting. Typically we advise patients wait at least 3 months to see if both sides catch up. If not, repeating treatments or radiofrequency fat recontouring may be tried.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon