I Have Uneven Growth with Latisse After 8 Weeks Right Eyelashes Longer Than Left

I can see that Latisse is working after eight weeks, however, my right eyelashes look even and much longer, but my left do not seem as long and they are uneven with some gaps. Will this even out in the next month or two? -- the difference is noticeable with mascara. Should I stop applying to my right eye or apply less often? I am only eight weeks into the cycle so I don't know if I should just keep going and see what happens. Any advice would be appreciated.

Treating Uneven Lashes

+1

Sounds like you might be a little heavy handed with one side over the other.  Remember, a little goes a long way.  Make sure you are applying one drop to each brush per side.  In order to even out the sides, I would suggest applying the solution to the left eye every day and every other day for the right eye, until the eyelashes begin to look alike.  Then you can resume treating both eyelashes each night.  Good Luck!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to apply Latisse to get great results

+1

Uneven application can lead to uneven results.  This is how I tell my patients to use Latisse:

1. Place drop into cap of bottle.  Dip applicator brush into the cap, and apply to left upper eyelid from outside corner to inside corner.  You can then use the same applicator brush to apply the remaining medication to the right upper eyelid from outside corner to inside corner.
  2. The following night, repeat, but apply to the right eyelid first and the left eyelid second.
  3. Continue repeating the two steps above.

This method will 1) make your latisse and accompanying brushes last longer and 2) ensure even application between the two eyelids.  Don't use this method if you are suffering from eyelid irritation or any signs of eye infection, including conjunctivitis.

Houston Dermatologist

How to use Latisse

+1

I use Latisse myself. I used it everyday for about 6 weeks. I then backed off to use about 2-3 times per week so this would not happen. I have been using for about a year now and I have learned to adjust accordingly. If people continue to use more often, it can get out of control. I find that personally, I love the results with using less often.

Tulsa Dermatologist

Uneven Eyelash Growth With Latisse

+1

If you are being careful to use equal amounts of Latisse to each eyelid, it is likely that if you simply continue using Latisse in the same fashion to both sides they will even out in time. There are approximately 100 to 150 eyelashes on each upper eyelid. The growth of eyelashes is cyclical, going through 3 stages: a growth phase, a transition phase, and a resting phase. At any given time, numerous hair follicles can be found in each of the different stages. It should therefore just be a matter of time until things even out. If the unevenness continues for several more months you can begin to use Latisse every other day to the side with the longer eyelashes.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/latisse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven results after Latisse

+1

Chances are that the full effects of Latisse have not yet been realized.  I don't believe that you should stop applying to your right eye but it would make sense to consider applying it less often until more symmetry is achieved.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven growth of eye lashes with Latisse

+1

Is it possible that you are applying more medication to one side?  That happens when you put Latisse on one applicator but apply it to both sides at once.  Each eye should get one drop, and it works nicer if you apply from the outside in on the upper eye lash line because it's aesthetically more pleasing to have longer lashes on the outside.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Uneven eylashes

+1

Latisse is a wonderful product. Are you applying it the exact same way on each lid? I would continue to do both eyelids. Things should resolve in time but, remember we are rarely equal side to side 

Web reference: http://drbray.com

Latisse can take 16 weeks to fully work.

+1

I would continue using the Latisse, one time a day, on both sides.  Put one drop on the applicator for each side.  More does not work better, it just gives you more of a chance of side effects.  I would continue this for a full 16 weeks and then decide if things look more even.

If not, I would see your cosmetic doctor or ophthalmologist and have them look at your eyelids.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse

+1

I would try to apply Latisse on the left eye lashes each morning and night , continuing only once a day with the right lashes. You should see then even out - Chances are that only you are able to notice one side a little longer and fuller then the other. 

Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.