Which Prostaglandin Works Best for Eyebrow Growth: Bimatoprost or Latanoprost?

Bimatoprost might give best results for the eyelashes, but what about the eyebrows?

Latisse for eyebrows

+2
There are still no studies proving that any medications of this class increase the growth if eyebrow hairs.  Anectodally, hiwever, I have seen good responses in pTients who have applied Latisse to the brows.  I would suggest you select Latisse rather than any other prostoglandin analogue since studies with the eyelashes show best responses with Latisse.

Please keep in mind that brow hairs grow much more slowly than eyelashes so you will have to be patient to see any response.

Latisse Can Be Used For Eyebrows

+1

Many of my patients, including my wife, have successfully used Latisse to enhance the growth of their eyebrows. Latisse is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes so using it for the eyebrows is an "off label" indication. Latisse is a prescription-only solution that has been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes within just a few months. Latisse is applied daily with a disposable brush which is included with product and can be used for the eyebrows as well. After three or four months, Latisse can be used much less frequently to maintain longer, thicker lashes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon