Uneven Calf Revision Possible? (photo)

In 2005 I had lipo on my calves. I have always had very large legs and ankles (cankles). The procedure came out good and was ok for about a year. After that, the uneveness started to really show. I'm embarrassed to show my calves. I have lost 30Lbs and am close to my ideal weight and these calves have not budged. I am 5'2" and weigh 129Lbs. I want to lose another 10-15 to see if that does anything but I doubt it. Please review my photos and give me your thoughts. Anything will be better!

Calf Liposuction Revision

+1

If there is residual fat in this area, revision calf liposuction can be considered.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Calf liposuction

+1

Your calf appearance is unusual. Your photo shows a problem limited to the medial head of the gastrocnemius muscle. A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should examine you to determine the case. Reasonable possibilities include: 

1. herniation of the medial gastrocnemius through damaged fascia. If so, the area would move when you walk.
  2. A seroma - persistent fluid collection. 
  3. A lipoma (fatty tumor), fibroma or other growth possibly induced by liposuction
  4. Scar tissue from significant bleeding after liposuction. (If so, it will be very hard.)
  5. Incomplete liposuction in this entire area. (If so, it should shrink with weight loss.)

Treatment depends on the cause. A good plastic surgeon can sort this out. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Uneven Calf Revision Possible?

+1

Thanks for posting the photos. I might consider SPOT Smart Lipo to each area to see if they improve. 

Calp Liposuction Revision

+1

Further efforts using small cannula liposuction should provide improvement, although the skin may not be perfectly smooth. Weight loss will not improve the unevenness of the underlying fat layer which has not become more obvious.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction revision of calves

+1

If you can pinch the area to show it is excess fat it should improve with further liposuction. I doubt this will completely resolve if you lose another 10 to 15 pounds though you may want to see the effect of that weight loss before proceeding. This almost looks like a lipoma which is a benign fat tumor. Lipomas have been documented to occur after trauma but I have never heard of one being caused by liposuction. Lipomas can be treated by liposuction alone but may come back if the liposuction does not remove it completely.

If you liked your original surgeon you may want to return to him or her.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Uneven calves after liposuction, is revision possible?

+1

Thank you for the photos. From the limited views that you show, it is obvious that there is residual fat around the muscles and lowew leg/ankles. It is possible to improve this. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon who is familiar with liposuction in this area. This can be trick, one needs to use small cannulae and be familiar with more superficial liposuction techniques. In revisional surgery I prefer to use the VASER technique in these cases. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon