One Breast Fuller and Bigger Than the Other After Augmentation

I got 450CC Mentor Saline Profile Plus 2 weeks ago and now I am very concerned because my left breast seems fuller and bigger than my right. Any advice on what I should do? Thank You.

Asymmetry can take 6 months to resolve

+1
This type of asymmetry after surgery can be totally normal.  Your plastic surgeon can help you determine whether this is a normal part of the postoperative process, or represents a surgical problem that needs to addressed.  It take 6 months for the sizes to settle down.  If all is well, do not evaluate the results before that time.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Wait three to four months

+1
It is far too early to assess your results. Your breasts will gradually settle into a more natural breast contour over the course of three to four months. Settling can also happen faster in one breast. At that time, you can better assess your results. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Patience is key

+1
Be patient - it takes four to six weeks to have an idea of what your final result will be. Best of luck.

Grant Stevens, MD

Give it some time

+1

Your right breast appears to be larger than the left. This is very normal 2 weeks post-op. Before surgery, your left breast was probably smaller and will take longer to stretch to match the right side. The right breast probably had more skin to begin with and that it why it looks bigger than the left breast. It takes about 3 months after surgery to see your final result. At 3 months is when the breasts have stretched and dropped to get your final after look.

You should be mindful that at 2 weeks post-op, you are at risk for a hematoma or a seroma. I would check with your doctor to just make sure that you don't have either of those.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

One breast fuller and bigger than the other after augmentation

+1

See the surgeon ASAP. You either have a hematoma or seroma or you were asymmetrical prior to operation. A photo of you before would help.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Breast Asymetry.

+1

It is my impression that your RIGHT breast is the larger one. I am not sure if this is the one you are referring to. If you are truly referring to the left breast. it may be due to your  perception.

Asymmetric Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree with Dr. Rand. The VAST majority of women are asymmetric. asymmetry is the RULE of nature not the exception. While a mild asymmetry may not be readily obvious before surgery, once augmented it becomes obvious. I seriously doubt your surgeon failed to see such an asymmetry in the OR before concluding the operation and would like to explore other possibilities.

Before becoming anxious, I agree we should look for any readily correctable reasons for the asymmetry such as a seroma (fluid collection). If present, its drainage would greatly improve your appearance. Ask you surgeon for his suggestions.

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

You do seem to be asymmetrical to a visible degree.  If you were very symmetrical before surgery, this might be fluid or blood around the implant.  You should go back to your doctor for a check and possible consider an ultrasound to check for drainable fluid.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Too early to judge result

+1

This is a very frequent question and yes, early asymmetry is expected.  Give it time and the implant will likely drop and you will achieve better symmetry.   Right now continue to follow your plastic surgeons advice as far as wearing a bra and massage. 

You need to see your doctor

+1

Based on the picture that you submitted, your right breast seems to be bigger. You are too early post surgery to worry about it and also you need to check your before surgery pictures . Asymmetry of the breast is very common .The swelling post surgery Will resolve slowly and in 12 Weeks you should see the final result.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon