How Long Should Steri Strips Stay on the Incisions After Breast Lift and Augmentation?

It seems like I have more pain from the adhesive. Its been 3 weeks since my surgery? And I also have a dark blue vein that has been very painful in my breast for about 5 days. I am taking ibuprofen over the counter. Thanks

Ster-strips for Breast implant augmentation surgery

+2

I typically leave the steri-strips on for 10 days after surgery but will remove them for drainiage or blister formation or adhesive sensitivity. Seek your specific surgeons advice.

Steristrips on breasts

+1

If the tape is bothering you and irritating the skin you may be better off removing them. If patients do not have this problem, I usually ahve them wear some form of tape for about 6 weeks. I think that it helps with the scars.  As for the blue painful vein it is probably a Mondor's cord and this usually goes away on its own.

SteriStrips after Augmentation & Mastopexy

+1

I tend to have my patients keep their SteriStrips in place for 3-4 weeks.  However, there can be problems (allergic reactions, blistering, etc.) and you should talk with your operating surgeon if you have concerns.

John Whitt, MD