What is the Best Underwear After Full Tt with Lipo and Flanks? Thank You

I am 3 days after full tt with lipo and flunks area. I know I'll need a special garment for 4-6 weeks. Where can I get one, and what is your recommendation? Are there any Spanx models can work for this? Thank you

Compression garment after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

You should ask your surgeon exactly what he or she prefers you to wear as I believe compression is important to the healing of liposuction.  We have our patients buy special garments from Design Veronique, but there are many brands, as well as department store Spanx.   We measure our patients and have them purchase two sizes of garments (recommending  a slighlty smaller one for the few weeks after the procedure when the swelling decreases).  We also recommend zippers to make it easier to don and a cut-out crotch so the garment can be worn during bathroom visits.  You should also have two of the same size initially so as one is soiled you can wear the other while laundering the first.

Best underwear after tummy tuck

+1

We like to transition into a Spanx Higher Power after tummy tuck, and generally ask patients to get one slightly smaller than they might otherwise wear. They are available on line and also at most major department stores, such as Nordstroms.

peterejohnsonmd

Compression Garment for after Surgery

+1

I do have my patients use a compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. We special order our garments for our patients from a company that sells directly to surgeons for this purpose. The garment is in place when the patient wakes up from surgery. You can find a good compression type girdle at a department store, better to get one with zippers that are easy to get in and out of. Make sure it is snug but not too tight. You may need to get another one when the swelling goes down. I would check with your surgeon first though to see if there is a reason you don't have one yet.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Postsurgical Garments after Tummy Tuck

+1

There are a variety of postsurgical garments that surgeons use, and since you are postop and without a garment I assume that your surgeon doesn't favor using them at all or has a reason not to. You may want to ask your surgeon if you are supposed to have a garment or not or if this is an oversight.

Personally, I use Marena garments, they can be found on the web. With this surgery I suggest an above the knee high waisted girdle type garment, and get the one that zips all the way down. Much easier to put on that way.

Derek Lou, MD