In Office Liposuction for Tummy Tuck Revision?

I am 11 weeks post op full tummy tuck and muscle repair, I was concerned with my results as I dont feel flat even when standing up, I no longer have the over hang though which I am happy about. I saw my plastic surgeon today, he said he still sees a little swelling but may opt to do some in office lipo above and below my bellybutton to improve my results at 6 months post op. I posted a few pics of before surgery and about 10 weeks after surgery, any advice?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Additional Lipo may be helpful

+2

I would say that your contouring looks pretty good.  I'm not sure how much benefit you will have from additional liposuction. This would be best determined after your swelling is gone.    I would recommend dog-ear revision to smooth out the skin at the ends of your scar.  I don't expect that this will improve on its' own.   

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

+1

I tell my patients to wait at least 6 months following a tummy tuck for chronic swelling and scar tissue thickening to resolve before they judge their final contour.  Most patients have some bulging and fullness, especially in the lower tummy, for some months after a tummy tuck.  If excess thickness remains after that time, liposuction contouring can easily be performed.

Liposuction revision after tummy tuck

+1

Dear Beaks.1,

You need to wait a minimum of 6 months post-op. to allow all the tissues to heal and the edema (swelling) to resolve.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you focus on health and exercice which will help you control the intra-abdominal fat which pushes your belly forward as we age.

Liposuction can always be done later, in office if a small area or in a surgicenter or hospital if more is planned to remove on the Flanks too( sides ).

you may not see much difference from a " small " liposuction since it only remove a layer of fat cells from under the skin. You may see more of a difference on your sides though.

Good luck and happy recovery.

F. Mussat, MD

+1

WHY? Your result is very good from reviewing the befores vs afters. You might have expected to much? You need to discuss with your chosen surgeon and understand realistic expectations. If after 6 to 9 months you still wish some minor liposuction than I'm ok with that. 

In Office Liposuction for Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

My advice is to allow some time to pass.  You have good results and there is still edema (swelling) present at this time.  Allow yourself time to heal and reach your final aesthetic results and then you may discuss with your surgeon what if anything may be done.  I usually recommend 6 months to pass by before any revisions are done.

Tummy tuck

+1
Overall you have a fairly good exult and you should be happy. It is reasonable to perform some touch up liposuction n these areas and 6 months post op is the appropriate time.

Web reference: Http://www.drabramson.com

Post tummy tuck office revisions

+1

Hi Beaks,

It is not uncommon to have post tummy tuck touch ups such as liposuction of revision of dog ears.

Waiting for a period of about 3-6 months post operatively is also very reasonable.

If the areas that your plastic surgeon wants to touch up is bothering you, I would consider getting the lip done.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

In office Liposuction after Tummy Tuck

+1

It looks like you did get a significant change, particularly with the removal of skin and the stretch marks.  Inevitably on some patients, there can be some residual fatty tissue remaining from the skin that was pulled down, not to mention soft tissue swelling that can sometimes persist for months after a procedure.  It is generally considered unsafe to liposuction this area at the same time as a tummy tuck, as this can compromise the blood supply to the skin and lead to wound healing problems.  It is reasonable at six months out, to undergo additional liposuction to help improve the contour in this area - in office liposuction is a safe option.