Fat above Pubic Area.

I have a pooch right below my navel, under my stomach that involves my pubic region. This pouch of what i think is fat. Is directly over my penis. I call it my "Forward Fanny pack". Can this be removed through Lipo? Is there anything major in that area of my pelvic region. Besides nerves, etc etc...? If not is it removable?

"Forward Fanny pack" and Hidden Penis

+4

From your pictures it appears you are significantly overweight and in addition to your "Forward Fanny pack" (which we call an Apron or Pannus) you have a large Mons pubis which literally hides your penis.

You should consider a weight loss procedure (such as Lap band or Gastric bypass). Both procedure would remove most if not all of your excess fat and could be followed by either a tummy tuck or liposuction to give you a much better result than attempting liposuction of the apron and Mons pubis at your present size.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Liposuction - Mons pubis (Pubic Mound) in a Man; Extra Skin Also?

+3

Hi tnmountainman41 in Johnson City, TN,

It looks as though you have excess fat - and skin - in the region known as the mons pubis (Latin for pubic mound).  This area is often treated very effectively with liposuction alone but, as always, the final result depends on what you look like beforehand (the anatomy), the procedure that is done and the way that your tissues contract down into their new contour.

In your case, it looks like you have some extra fat and skin in that region, aside from some excess overhanging tissue above it (nothing personal...just commenting...).  Assuming you're in good health you may benefit from the removal of some of that fat (lipo) but also some of the skin if you're open to that.  Doing lipo alone may not provide enough of a result for you.

Exactly what you choose to do will depend on your overall health (height, weight, medical issues etc) combined with the parameters of lipo I noted above.  For that you'll need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon; ie, someone who can examine you in person and put all of these factors together to work up a plan for you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Pubic Area Will Improve Somewhat With Liposuction

+2

The fat above your pubic region will improve to a certain degree after liposuction.  There are no major vascular or nervous structures in this area that should be directly damaged per se if you underwent this procedure; it is something that is commonly done.  However, you also have a fair amount of loose skin in the area, and the improvement that you would see with just liposuction alone may not be that significant.  You can certainly try this as a primary method of improvement, and if you don't see the results you're looking for, you may benefit from a direct excision of skin and fat from the pubic area.  You may also benefit from a tummy tuck to reduce the excess abdominal skin, which may have an impact on how noticeable the pubic fulness may be.

Samuel Sohn, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1
It appears that you would benefit most from a tummy tuck.  Tummy tuck addresses the skin excess of the abdomen, the skin excess of the mons, the muscle weakness of the abdominal wall and the fat between the umbilicus and the pubic hairline. The excess skin of the abdomen is removed, the muscular wall is reconstructed, and the skin is rewrapped over the tightened muscles. It is a very powerful procedure and is the only solution to skin excess, muscle weakness and the fat you are bothered by.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Wall Panniculectomy

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to be concerned about the appearance of their abdomen. When this situation arises, the problem may be secondary to loose skin, excess fat, or weakened muscles. In your case, pictures confirm the presence of a large amount of excess skin and fat. Under these circumstances an abdominal wall panniculectomy is almost always indicated. Although liposuction is an excellent procedure for removing localized collections of excess fat, it’s not indicated when excess skin is present.

If you’re considering surgical correction of this problem, consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon will be able to perform an appropriate evaluation including a physical examination and determine the most appropriate course of action. In some cases it might be appropriate to lose additional weight before proceeding with surgical intervention. This approach will hopefully optimize the results of abdominal wall panniculectomy.  

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mons pubis reduction with liposuction - Los Angeles

+1

Mons pubis reduction with liposuction is a good option if there are no significant stretch marks on the skin. Another option would be a tummy tuck. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Male lipodystrophy

+1

For men fat tends to be stored in the intra-abdominal compartment. This is visceral fat and can not be liposuctioned. This visceral fat can only be lost by diet and exercise. It is possible that you are a candidate for liposuction but an examination is required.  The key is the degree of skin elasticity.  IF you have many stretch marks and atophic skin then liposuction is not the answer you would need a skin excision as well. 

Fat above Pubic Area

+1

This area of excess fat can usually be greatly improved with liposuction alone.  The skin will shrink back down to the body.  If the skin does not shrink back then it may need to be excised.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Fat above Pubic Area.

+1

The area above your penis or mons pubis is very fatty and would respond to liposuction.  However, your abdominal pannus or apron of fat is very large with stretched out skin and may need more than liposuction to make it look better. In other words your liposuction may need an abdominoplasty later to remove excess skin in the abdomen.  This is all said assuming that you are healthy and can heal such a large open wound.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Hanging abdomen liposuction or tummy tuck

+1

You can benefit from a liposuction but if an exam determines that there is laxity of thelower abdominal wall, you could benefit from a tummy tuck as well, and this would significantly improve your appearance.

Ronald Shelton, MD