I Just Got Ulthera and I Still Want to Improve the Look of my Neck? (photo)

Hello, I got ulthera done on my neck last week as recommended by my plastic surgeon. He said I did not have enough fat on my neck for lipo. My neck feels a lot tighter but I don't think it looks any different. How much longer should I wait to see results? I was also thinking that if I do not see my desired results in a month, I will use some collagen filler for the bottom part of my neck. Would adding fillers to my neck make it worse? Please help me =) Thank you. (I am 24)

Ultherapy can provide better improvement over six months or more after the procedure

+1

Although there is an immediate tightening that is proven, with Ultherapy, of the connective tissue layer called the SMAS, much of the tightening and even lifting that may occur with Ultherapy, could be related to the collagen formation that our bodies produce as a result of such treatment. Such formation and its end result may take even more than six months to be visualized. The time to repeat Ultherapy, if desired, can be from six months to a year later, although the benefit can last for more than several years as the new collagen does not go away! Some patients prefer to get a boost and Pelleve radiofrequency can be done instead of Ultherapy to help maintain and improve the result. (In our practice we have found there to be a much higher patient satisfaction rate wtih Pelleve than Thermage). In addition, the SKin Medica TNS Essential Serum, contains a human fibroblast growth factor that when used topically, may help the dermis continue to make new collagen and this is often recommended by me to my patients who undergo Utlherapy.

Ultherapy Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Since you are only 1 week post treatment, your final results are not yet evident. Generally, patients may enjoy some initial effect but the ultimate lifting and toning will take place over 2-3 months, as tired collagen is replaced with new, more elastic collagen. As this collagen-building process continues, further improvements can appear up to 6 months following a procedure.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ultherapy can take up to 6 months to see the final result

+1

Ultherapy can take up to 6 months to see the final result. Although the neck may feel tighter immediately, a lot of that may just be from inflammation. So I would not expect to see the full results within the first week. As far as the bottom part of the neck, there is a transverse band that can be filled with filler. I would recommend Belotero, which is a very thin filler. Some of the band may be accentuated by the swelling from your recent Ultherapy treatment, so I would recommend waiting before doing any filler. The great thing about a filler in the neck band such as Belotero is it is safe and reversible with Vitrase, should the results not be smooth.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Final results with Ultherapy at about 3 months

+1

Because Ulthera works by stimulating the remodeling of collagen, it takes the body some time to do this. The final results are at about 3 months so one week is too early to tell.Injectable fillers are not typically the most effective option for the neck.

Richard Baxter, MD